Head of Finance
Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s first Head of Finance, you will join the executive team to manage and scale our financial operations. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the accounting function, while managing our operating plan and financial forecasting.
All of our openings are remote within the United States. We’d love for you to join us!
- Manage Smartcar’s operating plan and financial forecasting, included but not limited to headcount cost projections and budgeting
- Collaborate with the executive team to measure and optimize financial performance
- Lead financial modeling and reporting for investors and potential fundraising
- Lead Smartcar’s accountant and external CPA to ensure accurate bookkeeping
- Monitor payroll and manage quarterly commission payouts and other non-regular items
- Manage payments for compliances, taxes, insurance, legal, and other standard payments
- Lead the full Order to Cash lifecycle including sales order creation, subscription creating, Accounts Receivable, collections and revenue recognition tracking
- Track and report organizational metrics such as MRR,NDR, Magic Number, and more
- Manage filings with the city, state, and any other applicable registrations
- Collaborate closely with an external CPA to complete tax filings
- Coach, train, and mentor your team to achieve their career aspirations while maintaining high retention
Who You Are
- 5 - 8 years of experience in an accounting or finance role at a B2B SaaS company
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Previous experience working in QuickBooks Online
- Analytical mindset with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 1 - 2 years of experience managing a high performing team
- Experience with subscription management tools such as Recurly, ChargeBee, etc.
- Experience using Mosaic
- Experience with contract creation and e-signing tools such as PandaDoc, HelloSign, etc.
- CPA license recommended but not required
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $170,000 - $200,000
- Remote work within the U.S.
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.