Strategic Account Manager
Customer Success /
Smartcar is on a mission to simplify how people securely connect their favorite apps and services to their cars. We build developer-friendly vehicle APIs so businesses can use a single integration to make their products available to cars across brands.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across America, Canada, and Europe, serving amazing customers like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to manage EV charging schedules, verify mileage, issue digital car keys, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s Strategic Account Manager, you will own post sales relationships with our key accounts. You’ll partner with Success Engineering and Product Support to unblock paths to growth and deliver value to ensure success.
All of our openings are remote within the United States. We’d love for you to join us!
- Own a revenue quota, negotiate renewals and upsells, and manage accounts to achieve growth targets and optimal commercial outcomes
- Act as a Smartcar consultant to build in-depth relationships with customer points of contact from C-levels to ICs in order to gain a complete understanding of their business goals and objectives
- Grow existing customers’ vehicle growth and expansion revenue through co-creating and driving joint client goals and strategic growth plans
- Execute on all phases of the post-sales customer lifecycle, partnering with Success Engineering during implementation
- Partner with engineering, sales, marketing, and design to relay customer feedback, determine which product updates or features should be prioritized, and drive customer value
Who You Are
- 6 - 11 years of B2B Account Management experience successfully carrying a quota and growing a $MM portfolio of strategic relationships with deep technical and product needs
- Experience leading a consultative success approach for enterprise customers
- Ability to navigate enterprise organizations to expand relationships at all levels
- Proven track record of maintaining high customer satisfaction rates
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have a data driven mindset, and a sense of urgency to take action when customer usage needs improvement
- Victor Black - Director of Customer Success
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $115,000-$150,000
- OTE: $191,000-$250,000 OTE (60/40 split)
- Competitive equity
- Remote work within the United States.
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO and 10 days of paid holidays
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to email@example.com with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.