Software Engineer - Back-End
Mountain View, CA /
Founded in 2015, Smartcar is the leading developer platform for mobility businesses. We have raised $12 million in Seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. Our headquarters is located in Mountain View, California.
From auto insurance to fleet management, businesses of all kinds use our APIs to verify vehicle mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging, and track fleets. To name a few, the peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace Turo, the IoT technology company Samsung SmartThings, and the insurance provider Just Auto Insurance use our platform to build and scale their mobility services.
By making it easy to connect to their customers’ vehicles, Smartcar allows these companies to focus on what’s important: building the future of mobility.
In this role, you will report directly to Gurpreet Atwal!
We'd love for you to join us.
- Scope and build features from idea to implementation
- Triage bugs discovered in the API platform through error tracking and performance monitoring
- Solicit input from teammates in engineering, design, and business to understand scope and priority of features being built
- Implement metrics instrumentation and error tracking into all new features to measure their usage and reliability
- Thoroughly test code through automated unit, integration, and end to end testing
- Verify feature usage through testing in local, QA, and production environments
- Set and maintain metrics of uptime and reliability for new features and services developed
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of experience building production web applications or backend systems
- Ability to balance shipping features fast with doing things the right way
- Have previously worked with SQL databases, such as: MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience using modern back end frameworks such as: ExpressJS (Node.js), Ruby on Rails (Ruby), Spring (Java), or Django (Python)
- Previous work designing and building APIs is a plus
- Experience using tools such as Docker and AWS
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.