Head of Sales
Mountain View, CA /
Founded in 2015, Smartcar is the leading developer platform for mobility businesses. We have raised $12 million in Seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. Our headquarters is located in Mountain View, California.
From auto insurance to fleet management, businesses of all kinds use our APIs to verify vehicle mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging, and track fleets. To name a few, the peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace Turo, the IoT technology company Samsung SmartThings, and the insurance provider Just Auto Insurance use our platform to build and scale their mobility services.
By making it easy to connect to their customers’ vehicles, Smartcar allows these companies to focus on what’s important: building the future of mobility.
As Smartcar’s Head of Sales, you will have the opportunity to lead our founding sales team of three and further refine and scale a successful repeatable sales process.
In this role, you will report directly to Sahas Katta, CEO & Co-Founder of Smartcar.
We’d love for you to join us.
- Coach, train, and mentor your team to achieve their career aspirations while maintaining high retention
- Assist your team by strategically navigating complex enterprise sales cycles
- Monitor every stage of the pipeline and provide support to AEs as required
- Maintain strong CRM hygiene and own billing/collection operations
- Continue developing and evolving the go-to-market strategy including new vertical expansions, new geographic regions, and pricing
- Consistently deliver on the team’s quarterly revenue goals
- Further refine and scale a successful repeatable sales process
- Own sales reporting and forecasting for your team, the company, the founders, and the board
- Develop a strong understanding of Smartcar’s product, customer base, how our technology is used, and the value it provides
- Collaborate cross-functionally to share product feedback with engineering, collaborate with marketing to generate leads and collateral, and smoothly hand off new customers to our customer success team for onboarding
- Work closely with recruiting to scale your team
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience managing a high performing enterprise sales team at a SaaS company
- 2+ years of experience in an enterprise account executive role at a SaaS company
- Successful track record of high quota attainment as a manager and individual contributor in enterprise sales
- Strong analytical skills for reporting and forecasting
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.