Senior Full Stack Developer (Creative Management)
Product & Engineering – Software Development /
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack developer to join a new team, focusing on Creative Management. The team will be responsible for providing a platform for both customers and other Smartly platform teams with a way to store and report on creative and asset usage.
Tech stack: Typescript on Node.js, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ for data pipeline management.
The team will support an existing solution for asset storage, built with Ruby on Rails. It will then be responsible for enhancing and expanding the platform’s functionality beyond this existing solution. Our aim is to provide inbound and outbound integration points for our customers and internal teams, improved asset management tooling for customers, building Creative Brief and Workflow management tooling, and provide close collaboration with our Creative Insights team.
For a sneak peek into our ways of working, read How Engineers Work at Smartly.io
As a Fullstack Engineer you will:
- Deliver, own and operate vertical slices within our product
- Be a core contributor of our Creative Engineering Group
- Work with our stakeholders - be them UX, product, infrastructure or our support function - to ensure we meet customers where they are
- Focus on well-designed and well-executed software, quality matters
- Apply and enhance your soft skills through working closely with our customers and your peers
What we are looking for:
- Familiarity with modern full-stack development stacks, we use Node.JS, React and Typescript, with some parts of our stack built in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in building robust, complex and distributed web applications
- Motivation for solving customers’ problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace.
- Bonus points: Familiarity in cloud-native development, opinions on software architecture
What we offer you:
- You’ll have a significant personal impact on the products we’re building, as well as their impact on our customers and our business, because of our strong culture of ownership.
- The team is in control of how they work and what tools and technologies they use.
- You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there, like Uber, eBay, Zalando.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Perks and company sponsored activities (including but not limited to): self-learning materials & activities, quarterly team activity days, monthly company activity days and sorts & activity groups
What to expect from our recruitment process
1. First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
2. Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
3. Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
4. Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
5. Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.
Who we are
Smartly.io is building a platform to automate every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity. We are a global team of over 350 Smartlies with footholds in 17 cities, serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and Zalando.
We’re building the best product company to work for, where highly autonomous engineering teams can take full ownership of creating world-class software. As a Smartlie engineer, you get to tackle challenges of considerable scale and complexity. We develop our product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the largest online businesses globally.
We take ownership, optimize impact and maximize learning. Smartlies choose us and grow with us thanks to the company culture and smart colleagues. Learn more at smartly.io/culturehandbook.