HR Director - Americas
Smartly.io is hiring our first US based HR Director. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity. As we scale our US employee population you will have the dual responsibility of planning strategically and executing operationally.
This role offers a great combination of operational and strategic experience. You will lead and deliver on daily HR operational tasks.
You will play a strategic role in the development compensation & benefits, performance management, Learning & development, & career mapping/talent development programs as well as diversity & equality initiatives.
As an Human Resources Director you will:
- Partner directly with team leads to provide counsel on performance management, advise on complex talent issues, advise on compensation and leveling, and serve as advisor to team members on their career development and goals.
- Work closely with team leads, senior leadership, and all Smartlies to resolve employee relations issues, improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and strategy that solve for future business needs.
- Serve as a primary example and beacon of the Smartly culture: (Trust by Default, Take Ownership, Work Smartly, Solve Customers’ Problems, Maximize Learning & be a Hungry, Humble, Hunter).
- Liaise with external payroll & benefits provider to ensure optimal service and resources for Smartlies.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify & execute training needs for business units and individual executive coaching.
- Partner with other internal teams to develop policies & processes to ensure compliance with local, federal & global employment & regulatory law while balancing business critical needs.
- Partner with the people operations team in order to ensure that all people related data is registered and tracked accurately in real-time.
- Act as a point of contact for all HR issues in the US, and use good judgment in escalating and/or asking for support as appropriate.
We're definitely looking for you, if you:
- Learn quickly, dig into details, collect and integrate wide ranging and disparate sources of information and apply a thorough thought process not only to find the essence of a problem but more importantly to actively build or influence its solution.
- Have 5+ years experience in executing operational HR tasks with extreme efficiency and limited resources (Self starter and finisher!).
- Have developed HR knowledge and experience with multiple disciplines including employee relations, performance management, employment law, compensation practices and strategy, career pathing and inclusion and diversity.
- Have had at least one work experience in a global, high growth/start-up SaaS or tech organization (You can anticipate future Smartly obstacles).
- Have at 3+ years experience building and leading the implementation of strategic HR initiatives (You can design and execute scalable programs).
- Prioritize other’s business critical needs over your own and focus on the growth and development of those around you aligning with the principles of a servant leader management philosophy.
- Prioritize culture and values as the keys to growing a successful business (You will be a model example of the daily application of Smartly values).
- Are resilient and maintain composure to remain positive under pressure and continually evolving circumstances.
- Have strong consultative coaching skills and the strength of personality to motivate and inspire your team and the broader Smartly organization.
- Manage your time and priorities well to achieve hard-set goals.
- Communicate effectively with all areas of the organization including senior leadership to build credibility as a valued partner.
- Legal right to work in the US.
Who we are
Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 330+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 16 cities, serving 600+ brands, including eBay, Uber and Skyscanner.
We are on a mission to make online advertising easy, efficient, and enjoyable across all major platforms. Easy as in automated, efficient as in constantly driving performance, and enjoyable through the best user experience and service in the market. We do this by combining creative automation, ad operations, and outstanding customer service to help brands scale their results – not headcount.
Great people choose us and stay with us because they like our company culture and how we tackle challenges of huge scale at speed. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
Some things we're proud of:
- 94% of Smartlies recommend the company as a great place to work.
- 4.9/5 stars on Glassdoor.