Customer Solutions Engineer
Are you either a developer who’s itching to work closely with customers or a business expert with a programming hobby and ambition towards product development? Good. We need your help in scaling our product and business.
As a Customer Solutions Engineer at Smartly.io, you put your technical problem solving skills to use, and unleash your drive for learning fast and teaching others. You work with the largest and most advanced performance marketers in the world at the cutting edge of the online marketing industry. You predict and solve customers’ technical bottlenecks, develop our product, and add to your own technical skillset constantly. You rather work through experimenting and testing than play by ready-made rules. You constantly think in terms of scripts and spend some time to automate rather than completing tasks manually time after time.
We're constantly looking for great talents to this position.
>> Check out what other Tech AM/CSE's think about their role:
>> Learn more about our company culture and how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook
We're definitely looking for you, if you
- Are driven to combine the work of managing customers and solving complex problems with code.
- Have previous experience in web development, either professionally or through hobby projects. You should be really familiar with frontend and databases.
- Have minimum 3+ years of account management or other customer facing experience in B2B SaaS businesses or corresponding agencies, preferably in the online marketing domain.
- Have fluent spoken and written English (fluency in other major languages is a plus but not required).
- Are able and willing to travel for meetings, conferences and industry events.
As a Solutions Engineer at Smartly.io you will
- Manage and nurture customer accounts through day to day communication and technical expertise.
- Building and testing features and integrations with your customers and sharing the knowledge with product management. Most useful features will be rolled out to other customers.
- Debug errors and go through code to solve problems, e.g. dig through the database to find out root causes for customers’ problems. Tackle repeating issues with scripts.
- Plan the online marketing strategies and corresponding technical requirements together with the world’s largest online advertisers.
- Working closely together with Facebook’s engineering teams.
- Assist and train your teammates in understanding & handling technical issues.
- Develop your own technical knowledge constantly to stay on top of the latest technology.
Smartly.io hires people that are extremely quick to learn new things because online marketing and Facebook as a platform evolve incredibly fast all the time. Our recruiting steps are designed to give you a realistic glimpse of the job, but also to test your ability and willingness to learn quickly and apply the fast-changing concepts of online advertising to maximize positive impact for your customers.
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we're made for each other.
STEP 1 - Introductory calls with our talent team and your potential team lead.
STEP 2 - Crack a coding challenge to showcase your skills in basic web development.
STEP 3 - Role interview and discussion on Facebook advertising concepts, your technical knowledge and passions with the team.
STEP 4 - Product demo simulation where you need to convince us to start trial with the Smartly.io tool.
STEP 5 - Discussion with our leadership team.
Who we are
Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 330+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 16 cities, serving 600+ brands, including eBay, Uber and Skyscanner.
We are on a mission to make online advertising easy, efficient, and enjoyable across all major platforms. Easy as in automated, efficient as in constantly driving performance, and enjoyable through the best user experience and service in the market. We do this by combining creative automation, ad operations, and outstanding customer service to help brands scale their results – not headcount.
Great people choose us and stay with us because they like our company culture and how we tackle challenges of huge scale at speed. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
Some things we're proud of:
- 94% of Smartlies recommend the company as a great place to work.
- 4.9/5 stars on Glassdoor.