Technical Account Manager
Are you either a developer who’s itching to work closely with customers and driving your own market, or a business expert with a programming hobby and ambition towards product development? Good. We need your help in scaling our product and business.
As a Technical Account Manager at Smartly.io, you put your technical problem solving skills to use, and unleash your drive for learning fast and teaching others. You work with the largest and most advanced performance marketers in the world, at the cutting edge of the online marketing industry. You predict and solve customers’ technical bottlenecks, develop our product, and add to your own technical skillset constantly.
>> Check out what our Tech AMs think about their role: https://www.smartly.io/blog/want-to-future-proof-your-career-try-technical-account-management
>> Learn more about our company culture and how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook
>> Browse open positions at smartly.io/careers
We're definitely looking for you, if you
- Are driven to become a world-class expert on two fronts: customer work and technical problem-solving
- Have minimum 1–3 years of experience in software development, either professionally or through hobby projects (our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, React+Redux+Flow, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra and PostgreSQL), OR don’t necessarily have the above languages in your toolkit, but you are very proficient with Excel macros or other analytical processing of large data sets, and familiar with SQL and relational databases
- Would rather work through experimenting and testing than play by ready-made rules
- Take pride in solving tricky technical problems in a self-driven way
- Think in terms of scripts, and rather spend some time to automate manual work than do it the hard way time after time
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, information technology, industrial engineering, information systems, or business administration studies including a lot of statistical problem-solving and programming
- Have a genuine interest in online marketing and B2B customer work, and you’ve worked closely with customers in either sales or solving customers’ technical issues
- Have good social skills that allow you to build trust and close relationships
- Are able and willing to travel for meetings, conferences and industry events
- Have fluent spoken and written English (fluency in other major languages is a plus but not required)
As a Technical Account Manager at Smartly.io you will
- Manage your own customer accounts — answering customers’ questions in everyday work, solving their problems on a longer term strategy, sharing industry best practices, as well as validating problems and transferring them to our product development team
- Work with the world’s largest online advertisers and solve their trickiest technical problems, escalating only the hardest ones to the engineering teams
- Debug errors and go through code to solve problems, like dig through the database to find out root causes for customers’ problems
- Assist and train your teammates in handling technical issues to solve customer problems and pain points
- Give technical product demos that sell by finding out customer pain points and mending them with value-adding product features
- Work with Facebook’s engineering teams
- Develop your own technical knowledge constantly to stay on top of the latest technology
The recruiting process
Smartly.io hires people that are extremely quick to learn new things because online marketing and Facebook as a platform evolve incredibly fast all the time. Our recruiting steps are designed to give you a realistic glimpse of the job, but also to test your ability and willingness to learn quickly and apply the fast-changing concepts of online advertising to maximize positive impact for your customers.
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we're made for each other.
STEP 1 - Tell us about yourself in an application. We go through and reply to each and every application we've received.
STEP 2 - Crack a coding challenge to showcase your skills in basic web development.
STEP 3 - Facebook Advertising and Tech Interview: interview on Facebook advertising, your technical knowledge and a general interview including discussion about your role
STEP 4 - Smartly.io demo simulation where you need to convince us to start trial with the Smartly.io tool.
STEP 5 - Discussions with our management team.