Software Developer (BI Solutions)
We're looking for a Software Developer to work with our cross-functional team at the intersection of business and engineering, providing the internal infrastructure for data visualisation and analysis.
We work with technologies like
— Message Queues (Redis, RabbitMQ)
— Background Processing (Sidekiq, Sneakers)
— Databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
— Database Abstractions (ActiveRecord)
— HTTP APIs (REST, GraphQL)
— various languages (Ruby, SQL)
— private cloud (Docker, Kubernetes)
— online services like Redshift, Salesforce, NetSuite, Periscope and Hubspot
Don't fret if you aren't familiar with our tech stack in advance. We're looking for people with a drive to learn new things. We do, however, appreciate if you have experience in the UNIX backend ecosystem.
Learn more about what it's like work with us at smartly.io/developer and smartly.io/blog/how-engineers-work-at-smartlyio.
- Love for Ruby, Sidekiq or ActiveRecord, although working knowledge of any modern programming language is fine. Willingness to learn overweights existing knowledge of tech buzzwords.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in designing and consuming APIs such as REST, GraphQL and third party services with each having their own unique differences.
- Experience in digging out details and requirements from different stakeholders and translating that to code.
- Ability to touch frontend code when necessary. Our team doesn’t build much anything frontend related, but sometimes we need to create an UI for things we have built.
As a Software Developer in our team, you will:
- Have direct impact on what our team should do next.
- Work together with our sales teams, product development and software developers.
- Design and build complete solutions to integrate various backend services together.
- Build and improve our toolset which gathers data from various services and data sources to our Business Intelligence database.
- Peer review other developers’ code right from the start.
- Push code to production during your first week and, if you want to, demo your features at the weekly all hands meetings.
- Participate in our highly technical customer support and help the team to triage bugs.
- Have option to travel to meet our customers and team members in San Francisco, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires or Berlin – if you enjoy travelling.
- Take part in defining our company roadmap and goals in dialog with the leadership in our flat organisation.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Healthcare insurance/service.
- Wellness and personal development (tools, events, etc.) reimbursement.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a self-organizing team.
- Opportunity to travel to meet Customers, Facebook and Smartlies at our offices around the world via our Developer Rotation program.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and quarterly dinners with the team.
What to expect from our recruitment process
1. First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
2. Technical interview: we’ll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
4. Meet your future team to learn what they are working with. After that, the final interview with our Chief Product Officer and your team lead.
Who we are
Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 330+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers across the globe. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 16 cities, serving 600+ brands across the globe.
We’re building the best product company to work for, where highly autonomous engineering teams can take full ownership of creating a world-class software platform. As an engineer at Smartly.io you get to tackle challenges of considerable scale and complexity. We develop our product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the largest online businesses globally, including Uber, eBay and Zalando.
We build tools that help our customers work more effectively. Our product is at the core of how business is done today: it allows brands grow their business online, across platforms like Facebook, Pinterest and Google. We automate all repetitive manual work to help them grow their sales, not headcount.
Engineers at Smartly.io say they chose us thanks to the great work culture and smart colleagues. We only hire to elevate the team, not to delegate tasks, which means that everyone you work with is a true professional. We believe in self-organization, transparency and candid feedback—everyone can speak up and help make better decisions together. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.