Trainee, Service Operations Engineer
Joining Smartly.io as a Service Operations Engineer Trainee gives you an opportunity to deepen your tech skills by tackling both technical and business-related challenges for the largest and advanced online advertisers globally. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams and learn from all of them.
Some companies might see customer support as a necessary evil. We decided to put customer support at the very heart of our organization. We are close to our customers and close to our product. Everybody does customer support at Smartly.io, and we are offering you a seat in the team that facilitates the global support at Smartly.io.
The Service Operations team develops tools and processes to ensure quality customer service globally, drive self-serve product improvements, and provide situational awareness internally. You’ll be a frontline firefighter and a system builder, making sure all the valuable feedback from our customers is heard and turned into action. In the Service Operations team, your role and responsibilities can be customized to match your interests and skills.
Here are three examples of projects Service Operations team has been working on:
Stella: Analytics on customer satisfaction - identify signals of low satisfaction and where to improve our service and product.
Anton: Created a dashboard to help employees have an understanding of the situation during support shifts.
Travis: Migration of our Knowledge base from in-house to Zendesk.
Starting date is negotiable. We would prefer you to be able to work full-time at least during your first six months at Smartly.io but are willing to discuss part-time work after.
As a Service Operations Engineer you:
- Become an expert in fishing out what our customers need and in solving their challenges.
- Spend roughly 70% of your time on development projects and the other 30% on consulting customers.
- Identify problems and solutions for businesses.
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform and provide consultative guidance to businesses.
- Work with the technological challenges of the world’s largest online advertisers’
- Quickly resolve advertiser issues, including campaign performance and product bugs.
- Participate in product launches with communication and customer support.
- Collaborate with customers, account managers, and product development team to design new product features and improve existing ones.
- Build internal and external materials for support and education.
What we offer:
- Develop your technical skill set with customer cases and development projects.
- Preferably, you would continue as a full-time employee after the six months (part-time working can be negotiated). After becoming a full-time employee, you will have an opportunity to move to a different office to extend your international experience (e.g. Singapore, New York or San Francisco).
Who are we looking for?
- Business talents with sideline programming projects and a drive towards product development OR programmers who are itching to take responsibility for customer side working.
- Background (educational, professional, or hobbyist) in programming and statistical problem solving.
- At minimum, you should have a Bachelor’s Degree, but we’re mainly looking for Master’s students close to graduating or recent graduates from the fields of Industrial Engineering and Management, Information Networks, Computer. Science, Business Technology, or similar. (While we're mainly looking for MBA/MSc students in their final year, we're happy to see applications from others as well.)
- English is the main language of the company, so fluent written and spoken English is a must.
- Self-driven approach to solving tricky technical problems and drive to constantly develop your own technical and industry knowledge.
- Laziness in manual work—you think in terms of scripts and automate everything you can.
Smartly.io hires people that are extremely quick to learn new things because online marketing and Facebook as a platform evolve incredibly fast all the time. Our recruiting steps are designed to give you a realistic glimpse of the job, but also to test your ability and willingness to learn quickly and apply the fast-changing concepts of online advertising to maximize positive impact for your customers.
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we're made for each other. Usually, the recruitment process takes 2-3 weeks from start to end.
STEP 1 - Introductory calls with our talent team and your potential team lead
STEP 2 - Assignment where you’ll solve a tech puzzle to showcase your technical problem solving skills
STEP 3 - Role interview and discussion on Facebook advertising concepts, your technical knowledge and passions with the team
STEP 4 - Smartly.io demo simulation where you need to convince us to start trial with the Smartly.io tool
STEP 5 - Discussion with our leadership team
Who we are
Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 330+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 16 cities, serving 600+ brands, including eBay, Uber and Skyscanner.
We are on a mission to make online advertising easy, efficient, and enjoyable across all major platforms. Easy as in automated, efficient as in constantly driving performance, and enjoyable through the best user experience and service in the market. We do this by combining creative automation, ad operations, and outstanding customer service to help brands scale their results – not headcount.
Great people choose us and stay with us because they like our company culture and how we tackle challenges of huge scale at speed. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
Some things we're proud of:
- 94% of Smartlies recommend the company as a great place to work.
- 4.9/5 stars on Glassdoor.