Smartly.io has an amazing Engineering team that works on building complex tools for online businesses. We believe our team can provide interesting learnings for the developer community outside Smartly.io. And we know that our Engineering team has a ton to learn from other developers out there.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to build a developer community around Smartly.io’s Engineering team so that we can share knowledge, maximize learning, and accelerate the skills and expertise of our fellow developers. This could mean organizing events, like our DevTalks mini conference, orchestrating our tech blog, or hosting trainings and hackathons.
We're intentionally bending the scope of this role. As a Developer Advocate at Smartly.io, you wouldn't represent software, but advocate for maximizing learning for developers within and without Smartly.io.
As a Developer Advocate you would:
- Build a developer community around Smartly.io.
- Work together with Engineering and Engineering Talent teams to make Smartly.io a better workplace for developers and communicate about it to others.
- Manage our tech blog pipeline and author blog posts.
- Source speakers and organize compelling developer events, such as Smartly.io’s flagship developer event DevTalks or meetups.
- Join events, conferences and meetups to meet developers, act as an ambassador for Smartly.io’s Engineering team and culture.
- Share learnings from events or other sources to Smartly.io’s Engineering teams.
- Tune Smartly.io’s employer brand for developers.
- Figure out new ways to reach the developer audience in Helsinki and other major developer hubs across the world.
As a Developer Advocate you might also:
- Build or facilitate building open source components.
- Help Smartly.io in becoming a thought leader by participating in discussion in developer forums or blogs outside of Smartly.io.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Healthcare insurance/service.
- Paid parental leave.
- Wellness and personal development (books, conference tickets, etc.) reimbursement.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a self-organizing team.
- Opportunity to travel to meet customers, Facebook and Smartlies at our offices around the world.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and quarterly dinners with the team.
Who we are
Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 330+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers across the globe. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 16 cities, serving 600+ brands across the globe.
We’re building the best product company to work for, where highly autonomous engineering teams can take full ownership of creating a world-class software platform. As an engineer at Smartly.io you get to tackle challenges of considerable scale and complexity. We develop our product at a fast pace and in close cooperation with the largest online businesses globally, including Uber, eBay and Zalando.
We build tools that help our customers work more effectively. Our product is at the core of how business is done today: it allows brands grow their business online, across platforms like Facebook, Pinterest and Google. We automate all repetitive manual work to help them grow their sales, not headcount.
Engineers at Smartly.io say they chose us thanks to the great work culture and smart colleagues. We only hire to elevate the team, not to delegate tasks, which means that everyone you work with is a true professional. We believe in self-organization, transparency and candid feedback—everyone can speak up and help make better decisions together. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.