Director, Product Partnerships
Mountain View, CA
Business Development – Business Development
Did your things make you go “wow” today? At SmartThings, we are dedicated to making every home a Smart Home - and as the IoT platform of Samsung, with millions of users and connected devices, we are well on our way. We strive to create an easy-to-use, secure, and above all intelligent IoT solution for the home that delights our customers. Our fun, intelligent, and creative teams need your help to make our things a little more connected, and a lot smarter.
As a Leader on the Partnerships & Business Development team at SmartThings, the Director of Product Partnerships will play a central role in expanding the SmartThings ecosystem and distribution of SmartThings’ experiences on partner platforms. Your goal is to identify, evaluate and make holistic recommendations for key strategic and large-scale partnerships; and execute against those partnership to provide step-function growth potential for the business.
You possess a strong strategy and deal-making background, combined with extensive experience working closely with product and engineering teams on developing and executing new business, revenue and product partnerships. Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing large-scale and complex strategies and partnerships is required. You should have a demonstrated ability to think critically about the user experience, business models and operational requirements; and the ability to build and present compelling business cases and partner value propositions.
Staying on top of industry trends, user behavior, and advances in technology will help you drive strategy. You will also lead efforts to drive how we build, track, and execute against cohesive metrics that impact our success, as well as our partners’.
Beyond leading integrations with third-party platform and SmartThings ecosystem partners, you will build out at an end-to-end GTM strategy for these partners, defining high impact strategies, including critical levers and differentiators that drive utility and delight for consumers, new user growth and engagement. This position is well suited to an energetic and proactive individual who is able to function as both an innovator and steward of new ideas. You should also have strong project management skills and the ability to “quarterback” deal execution, engaging multiple stakeholders (internal and external) along the way. Your success will be contingent on the ability to guide and lead teams, in a space that is constantly evolving.
Lastly, you have a personal passion for (and are an early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies. We are looking for a hands-on, strategic, won’t take no for an answer and detailed-oriented individual. A keen sense of urgency, drive and scrappiness is essential.
- Develop a vision, strategy and business case for each vertical/ partner, working with cross-functional teams outlining the business opportunity, rationale, partner value proposition, deal terms, and marketing and operational plans to capture the most meaningful opportunities
- Provide deal analysis and modeling
- Oversee complex deal structures and contract negotiations
- Drive the definition, measurement and tracking of key strategic partner initiatives
- Work cross-functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses and turn data into meaningful insights
- Create crisp decision making frameworks: ability to frame problems, risks, analysis, and business plans to enable decision making and drive execution
- Lead monthly reporting of KPIs to SmartThings ELT and Samsung Mobile IoT LT
- Identify data sources and conduct research (e.g. market, customer, competitive) to understand and draw insights from key industry and customer trends to provide insight and facilitate decision making
- Uncover areas within SmartThings/Samsung to drive performance improvements, decision making and to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Support ELT in developing key presentations for internal and external audiences
- An Executive Presence
- 10+ years experience in Business Development, Product Management, Enterprise Sales, and/ or Market Development
- 6+ years in a leadership role or Product Management
- Solid negotiation skills, business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive adoption and make appropriate recommendations to partners and the business
- Able to demonstrate experience creating business plans which have resulted in growth and achievement of goals
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with and effectively communicating with senior executive across various geographies and functions
- Strong interpersonal skills and a growth mindset
- Self starter, collaborative and innovative
- Worked successfully within a matrix management environment
- High energy and comfort working in a start-up style environment
- Experience within the Consumer AI and/or IoT Space
- Ability to make difficult decisions and trade-offs
- Understand the complex relationship between the organization and its environment (competitive weakness, developments in technology, etc.)
- Ability to Identify connections, adopts different perspectives quickly and responds to changing circumstances in a strategic way to actively shape future results
- Know how to foster a sense of community and build team cohesion
- Be courageous, humble, and transparent
- Have a high level of comfort with ambiguity
- A strong external network in the technology and/or IoT space.
Take your career to the next level at SmartThings ....... APPLY TODAY!