UI / Frontend Manager
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Technology /
Did your things make you go “wow” today? At SmartThings, we are dedicated to making every home a Smart Home - and as the IoT platform of Samsung, with millions of users and connected devices, we are well on our way. We strive to create an easy-to-use, secure, and above all intelligent IoT solution for the home that delights our customers. Our fun, intelligent, and creative teams need your help to make our things a little more connected, and a lot smarter.
As UI / Frontend Manager, you will lead the team responsible for frontend tools used by developers and manufacturers to integrate and manage devices on SmartThings Core IoT Cloud services. The team includes designers and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability and industry best practices in development.
- Together with the frontend team, create intuitive tools that delight developers and remove the complexity to bring and maintain devices to the SmartThings ecosystem.
- Define and prioritize work.
- Incorporate feedback.
- Keep up with best practices and industry technological advances.
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
- Quality is maintained while innovating at high velocity.
- Process is just enough to meet the quality, transparency, accountability and scaling needs.
- Provide feedback to Requirements, Design and Technical reviews.
Work closely with Design, Product and Cloud engineering teams to:
Motivate and preserve a culture where
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- Track record of leading development and delivery of web based products
- Fluency in best practices for web-based or mobile-based information architecture and design; Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques,
- Knowledge of (and a passion) for current trends and best practices in UI architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Our teams are distributed and you may be required to coordinate work across different cultures and time zones.
- Effective leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Management experience with UI Developer teams
- Experience with the integration of Smart devices into cloud services.
- Experience using RESTful APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience designing and implementing user interface for a consumer facing product
- Experience with mobile UI/UX
- Experience in agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience developing enterprise solutions and technologies
Take your career to the next level at SmartThings ....... APPLY TODAY!