Senior Software Engineer - Security Management:
Minneapolis, MN /
Engineering – Security Management /
Did your things make you go “wow” today? At SmartThings, we are dedicated to making every home a Smart Home - and as the IoT platform of Samsung, with millions of users and connected devices, we are well on our way. We strive to create an easy-to-use, secure, and above all intelligent IoT solution for the home that delights our customers. Our fun, intelligent, and creative teams need your help to make our things a little more connected, and a lot smarter.
Do you want to be part of the team that develops, owns, and operates the SmartThings authorization, access management and privacy services which serve millions of devices, and billions of device interactions a day? We are responsible for ensuring interactions on the cloud are authorized and secure as well as building privacy systems to give the users of SmartThings the power to control how their data is used.
Security Management Services are critical to ensure everything inside the SmartThings Platform is secure. You will be working with a world-class team of engineers who are passionate about what they do and will expect no less from you. Each team member has an insatiable hunger for learning new technologies and improving existing ones. If the team is a good mutual fit, as a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for leading the technical implementation of services.
- Solve complex problems with intuitive designs.
- Breaking down complex privacy and access concerns to digestible ideas and services
- Comfortable working in all phases of the software development lifecycle from planning to deployment and support.
- Ownership of major features from beginning to deployment.
- Operate in a test-driven, continuous integration environment.
- Influence projects, team workloads.
- Willingness to work across various time zones and geographies.
- Project ownership, working with managers to scope and define assignments, and other project criteria.
- Drive key strategic outcomes like reliability, quality, and testability.
- Mentor other team members.
- Setting professional standards for the company by role modeling core values.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Exceptional Java, C# or C++, object-oriented design and programming skills (5+ years of experience preferred)
- Expert in RESTful web services
- Experience with large scale infrastructure and distributed systems supporting consumer-facing production-level cloud services built atop AWS / Azure / GCP (1+ years of experience preferred).
- Experience of implementing/building/extending trust systems using OAuth, ACLs, IAM, etc
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Linux systems
- Excellent communication and people skills. Comfortable presenting to both internal and external executive audiences on a global scale.
- Proven expertise in fundamental concepts and expert in a key area of technology
*Travel: May include 10-15%
Take your career to the next level at SmartThings ....... APPLY TODAY!