Director, Cloud Engineering
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Cloud Engineering /
Did your things make you go “wow” today? At SmartThings, we are dedicated to making every home a Smart Home - and as the IoT platform of Samsung, with millions of users and connected devices, we are well on our way. We strive to create an easy-to-use, secure, and above all intelligent IoT solution for the home that delights our customers. Our fun, intelligent, and creative teams need your help to make our things a little more connected, and a lot smarter.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the development of the Cloud software that runs our core SmartThings platform. You will be overseeing teams that develop and deploy software services in our Cloud to support our large IoT ecosystem. You will ensure the teams are able to efficiently develop software in an agile fashion, working with our Product, Design, and Test teams on requirements, test plans, and execution against our objectives. You will be working in an exciting and demanding space, focusing on the performance, availability, and quality of the software the team creates.
- A strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- A service-oriented approach, thinks about how their work makes all of our engineers' lives easier.
- The ability to balance big-picture product vision with an approach that is process-oriented with detailed execution at all times
- Demonstrated success mentoring junior engineering managers, as well as senior technical talent.
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening, facilitating and arbitrating discussions, and presenting ideas to groups large and small are all things you are good at.
- You understand how to deploy apps to the cloud, run them at scale, and integrate them with the rest of an ecosystem.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Internet of Things.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 4+ years of Effective Mature Agile Project Management
- 5+ years of Cloud Computing Experience
- 5+ years managing a team of approx. 20+ Engineers and/or Managers
- An understanding of large scale computing solutions, including software design and development, database architectures, IP networking, security, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of cloud security, orchestration, management.
- Experience with deploying and managing public and/or private clouds using Amazon Web Services or similar infrastructure service.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Work in a system with Mobile apps, smart embedded devices, back-end services, big data, and consumer electronics.
- AWS Lambda
Travel: May include 10-15%
Take your career to the next level at SmartThings ....... APPLY TODAY!