Senior Mobile Engineer
About Smile Identity
Smile Identity is an identity as a service provider built for Africa and emerging markets. We use computer vision, machine learning and integrations into National ID systems to solve identity validation and authentication on mobile devices at scale.
We believe anyone should be able to prove their identity easily, anywhere in the world. Our mission is to make the benefits of a modern digital lifestyle universally accessible by expanding trust in underserved markets. We are backed by PTB Ventures, Vinod Khosla, 500 Startups, and CRE as well as angel investors from across Africa.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced mobile engineer who has developed and managed a mobile App, library or SDK used at scale (100,000+ users) in low-bandwidth, data-constrained markets.
What you will do
- Work with our US Mobile Engineering and Computer Vision team to improve our Android & iOS SDKs and ensure compatibility and responsiveness on the widest possible range of devices, from Androids running KitKat to Nougat and iPhones running iOS 9 to iOS 12
- Lead development and distribution of our Smile Identity Mobile App in the Android Play store and work with our CEO to manage performance of the App across channels
- Develop instrumentation for testing, piloting and implementation; we need reports for everything and must fine-tune even the most specific details
- Work with our Pan-African Ops Team to ensure seamless SDK integrations with large enterprise partners, external APIs and databases, whilst ensuring continued high performance in our partner’s apps
What you will need
- 5+ years Android experience
- 1+ year iOS experience
- Prior experience handling complex or custom SDK integrations
- Prior experience with computer vision is a major plus
- Experience in a high-growth team and/or startup experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a willingness to speak up and speak the truth
- An eye for design; a mindset for continuous improvement to achieve the best UX
- Ability to communicate and prioritise effectively with remote teams across the globe
- Purpose: This is one of those rare chances in life to work on something that has real meaning. The code you write will be touched, used and appreciated by many people on their way to accessing to a better, richer life with more opportunities. They are the reason we are building this company.
- Opportunities for international travel, especially across Africa and annually to the US team in the San Francisco Bay Area
Comp & Benefits
- Competitive based on experience, significant equity component
- Health insurance
- Flexible hours, personal growth and autonomy
Apply below, or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org