*Store Manager - Oakland*
San Francisco, CA /
We are currently seeking a ROCK STAR General Manager to join our team at our Rockridge location in Oakland. We are searching for someone dedicated to bringing joy to both the community and the team by showcasing exemplary leadership, creativity, a diverse perspective and genuine interest in learning and growing an awesome business. Perks? Of course! We offer competitive pay, medical, dental and vision benefits in addition to ice cream of course! Additionally, we pride ourselves on offering a tremendous leadership and learning opportunity, with training on guest service, mentorship and business skills. If you’re someone who relishes in seeing your impact and having your voice heard, then we want to hear from you! This position has direct access to company leadership and will have direct leadership and P&L impact on our ever-growing company.
Smitten® is a pledge to ice cream. We serve the freshest, smoothest scoops made with only unprocessed, real, locally sourced ingredients — fresh-churned by Smitten’s one-of-a-kind Brrr® ice cream machine.
In 2009, on a mission to reengineer ice cream from the ground up, founder and CEO Robyn Sue Fisher invented and patented her own ice cream machine that could churn ultra-smooth scoops in about 90 seconds. She put Smitten® on the map when she placed her custom-built “Brrr®” machine atop a Radio Flyer wagon and started selling her churned-to-order ice cream on the streets of San Francisco to the crowds that gathered, soon building a cult-like following.
Touted by Vogue as “The freshest, if not the best, ice cream on Earth,” and featured in a vast array of media, from Food & Wine and Forbes to Wired and TechCrunch, Smitten is setting the bar for mastery of the perfect scoop. Smitten® is available at five popular retail shops in Northern California and for delivery nationwide.
Robyn Sue and the Smitten® crew continue to trailblaze the path of making fresh
ice cream with the highest integrity.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- You’re eager for your voice to be heard and want to impact the Smitten culture
- You’re a coach who knows when to provide feedback, when to provide direction and when to cheerlead
- You’re inspired by and committed to creating uh-mazing experiences AND upholding our mission and values
- You’re an unabashed “people person” who puts the needs of your guests and crew first
- You’re equally comfortable with a whisk as a wrench (kidding… sort of)
Store Manager Responsibilities
- Embody the mission and values of Smitten each and every day
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop team members who positively contribute to the culture of our company
- Meet sales objectives at your shop by managing labor, increasing throughput, and delivering an exceptional scoop of ice cream to all guests
- Partner with the Head of Operations to execute operational tactics to grow the business in a fast-paced environment engagement, and guest happiness
- Think like an entrepreneur to find solutions that can increase sales, team member engagement, and guest happiness
- Hold your team and yourself to the highest product quality standards
- Listen to the needs and issues of your team and advocate on their behalf
- Invite guests into our shop and ensure their experience is full of joy
- Coach your team members so that they can grow with the company
- Be the day-to-day face of the Smitten brand in your neighborhood by building relationships with guests and local partners
- Work with Marketing Manager to execute local community marketing programs
Store Manager Requirements
- 1+ years management experience in the restaurant industry
- 3+ years experience in retail, quick service, or full-service restaurants
- High school diploma or equivalent educational experience
- Certified Serv-Safe Food Protection Manager
- Able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays, evenings, and weekends
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to stand for up to 10 hours at at time
- Able to work up to 50 hours a week
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass a background check
What We Offer You
- An entrepreneurial work environment where you can have an impact on a growing company
- Mentors committed to developing you to take on more responsibility within the company
- A welcoming and supportive team where diversity and creativity are valued
- Competitive pay plus opportunities for stock options and cash bonus
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- A complimentary scoop of Smitten Ice Cream with each shift, and discounts on merchandise and ice cream purchases
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.