Smoothstack—an IT Apprenticeship program—is one of the most rapidly growing and disruptive enterprises in the technology industry. This is an opportunity to shape the next generation of IT leaders. At Smoothstack, our mission is to level the playing field in the tech. The future of technology innovation is built on a talent ecosystem driven by meritocracy, equity, and cutting-edge technological skill development.
We are looking for an experienced Salesforce professional to join our team. Our passionate trainers create a collaborative and innovative on-the-job learning environment for our apprentices.
- Creating a custom curriculum for the Salesforce training program on the skills listed below as well as additional customized gap training per client request.
- Creating and developing an executable Salesforce training plan that is repeatable, measurable, and complete
- Execute the customized Salesforce training plan
- Monitor apprentice attendance, performance, and communicate any discrepancies or concerns to the People Department
- Track and report attendance and grades
- Assign projects to groups and evaluate on a weekly basis
- Attend evaluation meetings and provide feedback on apprentices’ development and performance
- Provide evaluation feedback to apprentices and recommendations for improvement
- Provide mentorship and continued support to the apprentices throughout the program and post-placement
- Consult with the Director of Training and CTO on candidates that are to be accepted in the Smoothstack Apprenticeship Program.
- Strong experience with all aspects of Salesforce including Apex and Visualforce development, design, and configuration of Salesforce.com
- Experience in program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Experience with Salesforce Custom Objects, Salesforce data models, and development using Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) queries, data integrations, API development, reports, dashboards, formulas, validation rules and workflows Experience managing the process of implementing improvements and new functionality in the SFDC application
- Experience managing change controls across multiple sandbox and production environments Experience using Salesforce.com data tools (e.g., Data Loader, Excel Connector, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning, developing lightning components
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Experience working in a continuous development and deployment model
This role will require the trainer to work on site in Fairfax, VA five days per week in the evening with some remote options when necessary. In person classroom training runs 1- 2 hours per day with additional responsibility to review code, provide student feedback and update curriculum when necessary. Total time commitment of approximately 50 hours/month.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, MFDV.
Principles only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offer.