Sr. Data Analyst
Culver City, CA
Technology – Data
SnackNation Business Intelligence (BI)
You’ll be driving our growing data & insights business that is core to fueling our growth engine of serving 5,000+ offices across the country and building the platform that will fundamentally disrupt the $600B CPG industry.
Who are we?
SnackNation is one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles, Our mission is to help consumers discover healthy alternatives and to inspire conscious eating decisions. We’re leveraging our data analysis & science through an AI-powered insights platform that will optimize the experience for all of our B2B office Members and will predict the future success of today’s emerging brands. We are fostering the growth of clean, healthy alternatives to today’s snacking leaders. With over $9B in brand acquisitions in 2018, including companies like RxBar, Bare Foods, Pirate Brands & Primal Kitchen), CPG snacking has become one of the most exciting investment sectors in the world.
Yet these Brands still don’t fully understand their end customer. SnackNation is single best targeted trial platform for these Brands to get access to their target consumer in the office and in the home. From here, our Data team is responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to build world-class predictive systems, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more!
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone to join our Business Intelligence team with a comprehensive analytical toolkit and the ability to roll-up their sleeves to help drive optimal business decisions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional leaders in areas such as Sales, Product, Member Success and Marketing by providing analytical frameworks and insights to support strategic decisions.
Your mission is to provide insights to our teams that enable fast and accurate business decisions, build a data driven culture to empower our teams to uncover data insights on their own, and develop novel ways of looking at and understanding our data.
What You'll Do:
- Data is King - Help own the portfolio of BI projects that support the entire business - from eliminating Customer Churn (Member Success), to maximizing New Sales Conversion Rates to optimizing our Marketing spend across multiple channels.
- Explore - Deep dive into current data and look for opportunities to automate insights and advocate change in processes to ensure clean data is collected throughout the different business processes.
- Measure - Build rigorous tools that define success metrics and track initiative performance on a weekly/monthly basis. Provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower through self-service.
- Decision Support - Provide recommendations supported by thorough research and analysis to increase financial performance across key business areas. Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams.
- Reporting - Own all metrics, reporting and ad-hoc data to support the business needs. Drive the collection of new, clean data and the refinement of existing data sources.
Who You Are:
- Data driven mindset with an advanced degree preferred in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 5+ years of relevant analytical work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations.
- Ability to write complex, efficient and eloquent SQL queries to extract data for analysis.
- A Ninja with tools commonly used for data analysis and visualization such as Excel, Python (numpy, pandas, and scikit) and R.
- Highly experienced in building visualization tools such as TableauExperience working in business systems such as Salesforce and NetSuite and a general understanding of how data flows from system to system
- Experience working in business systems such as Salesforce and NetSuite and a general understanding of how data flows from system to system
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast paced business environment
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills important for data storytelling
- You enjoy providing mentorship within the BI team, constantly learning new skills, and being collaborative in cross-functional teams
- You seek perpetual growth (you should probably check out all of our core values - we live by them)
- Bonus: Knowledge of Panoply.io.
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid Time Off
- Company Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Dog Friendly
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. SnackNation cares about making a positive impact on the world, with a wellness-minded culture and values.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. In fact, we offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. For every sale, we donate to Feeding America. We’ve donated more than THREE MILLION meals to food banks all across America!
Since launching in 2014, we’ve grown tremendously. In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc 5000’s 2018 list and the 2nd fastest growing company in LA! SnackNation also has the backing of VC firms like 3L Capital and have received press accolades in INC, Great Place to Work, Forbes. See here for more press mentions.