Senior Software Engineer
Technology – Engineering /
SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
Caroo is looking for a highly skilled, and motivated technologist looking for a new, exciting project that will challenge you to become a better engineer while also helping millions of people across America live healthier.
With a deep understanding of software technologies, you’ll leverage your technical expertise in architecture, frameworks, scalability, performance, unit testing, observability, and more. Working closely with the rest of our engineering team, you’ll assist in creating the foundation for how we build an amazing platform, tools, and experiences for our subscribers, brands, and employees.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from Los Angeles or Chicago offices. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
- At Caroo, we’re building our next generation platform to support our new offerings in the coming months and years. We’re looking for passionate engineers to help drive our new mission to drive culture in the new work-from-anywhere world
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and product marketing
- Develop applications using modern web technologies and tools, including React, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Python, & Kubernetes
- Easily deploy code to Heroku & AWS with a CI/CD pipeline
- Be open-minded about exploring new ideas and technologies to deliver a great experience to our customers.
- Ship and fully own exceptional products and features that our customers love!
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails, Python or Go lang.
- You have a desire to be involved in all aspects of the product life-cycle, from discovery through deployment
- You have good experience working in an agile environment
- Great software engineering skills in design patterns, data structures and algorithms, especially as it relates to performance and scale
- You have a proven track record of technical mentorship
- You seek perpetual growth and are continuously working towards it
Our Tech Stack:
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!