DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Technology – Engineering /
SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
Caroo is looking for a talented, self-starting technologist looking for a new, exciting chapter that will challenge you to become a better DevOps engineer while also helping millions of people across America live healthier. As the first dedicated person in this role, you will have the autonomy, opportunity to lay the right foundation, and all the bragging rights that come with it.
With a deep understanding of the cloud infrastructure, you’ll leverage your technical expertise in architecting, building IaC (Infrastructure as Code), observability, alerting, monitoring, and more. Working closely with the rest of our engineering team, you’ll assist in creating the foundation for how we continuously deploy our amazing platform, tools, and services in the cloud.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from Los Angeles or Chicago offices. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
What You'll Do:
- At Caroo, we’re building our next-generation platform to support our new offerings in the coming months and years. We’re looking for passionate engineers to help drive our new mission to drive culture in the new work-from-anywhere world
- Create, build, maintain our SaaS infrastructure, ideally as Infrastructure as Code. We use both Heroku and AWS. Assist in rationalizing the right platform and over time, lead the migration
- Own and continuously improve our CI/CD pipeline process using tools - Jenkins, CircleCI (we use CircleCI), etc.
- Help containerize development environments and suggest cost optimization
- Assist in building and maintaining our infrastructure security posture, and help with any InfoSec related inquiries
- Assist with selecting and deploying our logging, observability, and alerting tools (SignalFx, Datadog, etc.)
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in building and deploying SaaS infrastructure via CI/CD pipelines using both cloud provider tools and other CI/CD tools,
- You have the automation-first mindset; always looking for ways to build infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines as code
- Deep knowledge in OS administration and cloud platform deployment (AWS and Heroku preferably), and container management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD Tools - Jenkins, CircleCI (we use CircleCI), etc.
- Experience using serverless containers - AWS Lambda (preferably), Azure Functions, etc.
- Experience using MongoDB and Postgres, with database monitoring and light administration
- You have good experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with vulnerability assessment and remediation;
- Process-oriented with great documentation and communication skills
- Be open-minded about exploring new ideas and technologies to deliver a great experience to our customers
- You get excited about working with talented people to share, learn, and grow
Our Tech Stack:
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!