Program Development Manager - Retail Products
Products & Merchandising – Program Development /
SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
The Caroo Products & Merchandising (P&M) team is on a mission to nourish and inspire our members with the best products we can find. And to do that, we’re looking to hire a passionate, experienced Program Development Manager to help build out our newest line of products.
The Program Development Manager - Retail Products will be working with new and existing brands to connect amazing gifts from every category with our thousands of members across the country. The goal of this role will be to initiate relationships with top-tier brands, develop strategic sourcing proposals, and manage various brands through partnerships.
This role will be working with many brands, so strong organizational and communication skills are essential. We’re looking for an experienced individual who’s passionate about employee care that can define a path forward and work with our best brands to ensure success for both our customers and the brands we serve. If our values, our mission, and our vision inspire you the same way they inspire us each and every day, then we cannot wait to meet you.
- Work with Merchandising team to finalize product curations for all retail launches
- Evaluate initial performance of new products by leveraging internal reporting and customer feedback reports
- Utilize reporting to inform future procurement strategy (i.e. forecasts and negotiated COGs) with existing brand partners
- Utilize reporting to develop strategy and onboard partners in new retail categories
- Interface with all brand partners/manufacturers involved in new product launches to:
- Setup relationship and integrate into our supply chain
- Procure products with specific gross margin targets
- Generate new business through prospecting, negotiating, and closing
- Issue Purchase orders via ERP system
- Inventory reporting (vendor on-hand, in-transit, OTIF)
- Integrate into Merchandising/Operational workflow and ensure final product meets internal expectations
Who You Are:
- 3 - 5 years of sales, partnership and/or procurement experience and a proven record meeting or exceeding all KPIs
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage the sales and procurement process from prospecting to close to issuing a Purchase Order
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an understanding of project management principles and processes
- Strong ability to build, analyze, and communicate reporting from early stage product launches
- Radical candor: You care deeply, challenge directly, and thrive in an environment where feedback is received with gratitude. You understand that communicating where we’ve done well and where we can improve, both to your team and leadership, is an absolute necessity for our growth and future success.
- Gratitude Attitude: You recognize the amazing opportunity we have to work with this incredible team and help them become better, all the while working here at this amazing place we call Caroo where we get to help the greatest brands in the world change the face of employee care. An attitude of gratitude is at the core of who you are and what you do. You share the same authentic passion about helping connect the greatest snack brands in the country connect with their target audience, making the world a happier, healthier place.
- Catalyst for change: You share that same electric energy and drive to disrupt the conventional ways of how a brand comes to market and connects with their future customers and thrive in a changing environment
Nice to Haves
- Proficiency in SalesForce
- Proficiency in Netsuite
- Proficiency in Outreach
- Expert in all MS Office programs and Google apps
- Fully vertically integrated sales experience (prospect, relationship building, account management)
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!