Manager, Software Engineering (Remote)
Technology – Engineering /
SnackNation is one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles disrupting the massive $635B consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry. Our mission is to nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. We’re building a data and insights platform that knows what you should eat, and when you should eat it. We help the clean, emerging snack brands we partner with, understand their consumer base with rapid and relevant feedback. To see our vision thru, our engineers are responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to build world-class predictive systems, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more!
We're looking for a highly skilled and motivated technologist looking for a new, exciting opportunity that will challenge you to become a better engineer while also nourishing and inspiring people to do the best work of their lives. With a deep understanding of software technologies, you’ll leverage your technical expertise to build architecture, frameworks, performance, automated testing, monitoring, and more. As a member of our Tech leadership team, you’ll manage the talented team that's creating the foundation for how we build data-driven applications, tools, and experiences for our subscribers, brands, and employees.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from Los Angeles headquarters. Must have work authorization for the United States as this person will be employed by a United States entity. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
What You'll Do:
- “The Netflix for Snacks.” We’re building the most advanced “personalized snacking experience” in the industry which means we need your help to build a cutting edge recommendation engine using machine learning techniques to really understand our consumers’ preferences.
- “The Master Key for Brands.” Our proprietary data & insights SaaS platform unlocks all the secrets of what today’s snack brands need to succeed in the marketplace. The Master Key is an insights engine that combines consumer data, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics to provide real-time intelligence from target consumers which helps CPG brands improve their product, stay competitive, and grow.
- “Robots Talking to Robots.” We’re building a rules-based decision engine that optimizes groupings of shipments and forecast just-in-time inventory so that customers can get ultra-customized snack curations (to be packed by robots).
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of engineering management experience coaching, mentoring, and growing highly productive teams
- You have 7+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with databases and data modeling using MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with REST architectural patterns and experience building web services
- Fluent in Agile methodology and processes
- Excellent programming skills and strong sense of ownership, accountability and delivery
- You enjoy providing mentorship, learning, and being collaborative in cross-functional teams
- You seek perpetual growth.
Our Tech Stack
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
Perks & Benefits
- Employee Stock Options
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Company Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
At SnackNation, our mission is to nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. We care about making a positive impact on the world, starting with our wellness-minded culture and values. And we’re growing! In fact, SnackNation earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA! SnackNation also has the backing of VC firms like 3L Capital and have received press accolades in INC, Great Place to Work, Forbes, and Fast Company. See here for more press mentions.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. We even offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. Plus, we've got the accolades to back it up: We’re Great Places To Work Certified and named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures!
If you're a wellness-loving professional who wants to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of our driven company culture, join us. We promise to help you find your better you, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work in our booming CPG tech space.