People – Human Resources /
FaaS (food as a service) company SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
Caroo is looking for an HR Generalist to join our People Team and provide a variety of HR services across our growing organization. Reporting to the VP or People, the HR Generalist will play an integral role in ensuring that Caroo’s people operations and policies are scalable and advance our team’s mission to provide best-in-class support, tools, and resources for our employees at every stage of their experience. This is a unique opportunity with tremendous potential to be an influential member of the team that is building innovative people operations at a company that is on the leading edge of employee care and cloud culture.
You will help to manage our relationships with our HR vendors and benefit brokers, and oversee the ongoing maintenance and accuracy of our HRIS (ADP Workforce Now), so you must be organized and detail-oriented. You will be a trusted resource for employees at all levels across the business - helping to onboard new team members, serving as the first-level resolution for payroll and benefits inquiries, and supporting teams’ HR-related needs - so excellent verbal and written communication skills and solid business acumen are essential. Importantly, you love everything HR and culture and are eager to implement innovative solutions to Caroo’s HR needs.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from Los Angeles or Chicago headquarters. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
- Onboard and offboard team members and handle all employee questions regarding payroll, benefits, policies and procedures.
- Manage our leaves and accommodations programs (e.g. FMLA, ADA Interactive Accommodation process) by determining eligibility, maintaining regular communication with the employee and leadership, and facilitating the return to work process.
- Assist in companywide policy implementation and rollout of new processes to ensure as positive an experience as possible for employees and managers.Own the administration and maintenance of our HRIS and all related integrations with benefits, 401k and payroll.
- Provide first-level resolution and guidance on employee relations and interpersonal matters.
- Partner with stakeholders across People, Finance, IT, and Leadership to identify opportunities for improvement across policies, process, and technology.
- Manage HR audits and filings related to EEO-1 reporting and benefits compliance.
- Maintain and establish increased awareness and understanding of employment law, industry trends, current practices, and new developments.
- Assist with other duties and projects that support Caroo’s culture.
The successful candidate will be:
- A passionate and thoughtful HR practitioner with experience working in high-growth companies and highly dynamic environments
- You have a strong background in payroll and benefits administration, systems and compliance. PHR, CA-PHR or SHRM-CP Certification Preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and local labor law, with an emphasis on California compliance.
- Experience working with HR platforms (ideally ADP Workforce Now). Proven success leveraging project management software and tools to build and implement more efficient workflows and processes.
- Able to pivot & shift quickly by being able to seamlessly maneuver between the tactical and strategic elements of HR, payroll
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive and bring order in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and high growth environment.
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 6 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!