Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Technology – Engineering
Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles, disrupting the massive $635B consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry? If you answered yes, this just might be the most important job description you’ll ever read.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from Los Angeles headquarters. Must have work authorization for the United States as this person will be employed by a United States entity. Visa sponsorship is not available for the role.
Who are you?
You’re a highly skilled, and motivated technologist looking for a new, exciting project that will challenge you to become a better engineer while also helping millions of people across America live healthier.
With a deep understanding of software technologies, you’ll leverage your technical expertise to architecture, frameworks, performance, automated testing, monitoring, and more. Working closely with the rest of our engineering team, you’ll assist in creating the foundation for how we build data-driven applications, tools, and experiences for our subscribers, brands, and employees.
Who are we?
At SnackNation, our mission is to nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. We’re building a data and insights platform that knows what you should eat, and when you should eat it. We help the clean, emerging snack brands we partner with, understand their consumer base with rapid and relevant feedback. To see our vision thru, our engineers are responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to build world-class predictive systems, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more!
What You'll Do:
- “The Netflix for Snacks.” We’re building the most advanced “personalized snacking experience” in the industry which means we need your help to build a cutting edge recommendation engine using machine learning techniques to really understand our consumers’ preferences.
- “The Master Key for Brands.” Our proprietary data & insights SaaS platform unlocks all the secrets of what today’s snack brands need to succeed in the marketplace. The Master Key is an insights engine that combines consumer data, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics to provide real-time intelligence from target consumers which helps CPG brands improve their product, stay competitive, and grow.
- “Robots Talking to Robots.” We’re building a rules-based decision engine that optimizes groupings of shipments and forecast just-in-time inventory so that customers can get ultra-customized snack curations (to be packed by robots).
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience in API development using RESTful or GraphQL styles
- Experience with databases (Postgresql preferred) and data modeling
- Exceptional programming skills and proven record of getting stuff done
- You enjoy providing mentorship, learning, and being collaborative in cross-functional teams
- You seek perpetual growth.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee Stock Options
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Company Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Retreats
- Dog Friendly Offices
Our Tech Stack
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. SnackNation cares about making a positive impact on the world, with a wellness-minded culture and values.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. In fact, we offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. For every sale, we donate to Feeding America. We’ve donated more than SIX MILLION meals to food banks all across America!
Since launching in 2014, we’ve grown tremendously. In fact, SnackNation earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA! SnackNation also has the backing of VC firms like 3L Capital and have received press accolades in INC, Great Place to Work, Forbes, and Fast Company. See here for more press mentions.