Technology – Data /
SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
We’re looking for someone to join our Business Intelligence team with a comprehensive analytical toolkit and the ability to roll-up their sleeves to help drive optimal business decisions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional leaders Sales, Product, Merchandising, Member Success and Marketing by providing analytical frameworks and insights to support strategic decisions.
Your mission is to provide insights to our teams that enable fast and accurate business decisions, build a data driven culture to empower our teams to uncover data insights on their own, and develop novel ways of looking at and understanding our data. You’ll drive our growing data & insights business that is core to fueling our growth engine of serving 5,000+ offices across the country and building the platform that will fundamentally disrupt the $600B CPG industry.
We’re leveraging our data analysis & science through an AI-powered insights platform that will optimize the experience for all of our B2B office Members and will predict the future success of today’s emerging brands. Caroo is the single best targeted trial platform for these Brands to get access to their target consumer in the office and in the home. From here, our Data team is responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to build world-class predictive systems, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more!
- Data is Everything - Help own the portfolio of BI projects that support the entire business - from eliminating Customer Churn (Member Success), to maximizing New Sales Conversion Rates to optimizing our Marketing spend across multiple channels.
- Explore - Deep dive into current data and advocate change in processes to ensure clean data is collected throughout the different business processes.
- Measure - Build rigorous tools that define success metrics and track initiative performance on a weekly/monthly basis. Provide access to data through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower through self-service.
- Decision Support - Provide recommendations supported by thorough research and analysis to increase financial performance across key business areas. Present findings and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams.
- Reporting - Own all metrics, reporting and ad-hoc data to support the business needs. Drive the collection of new, clean data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Automate - Besides exploring and building the necessary metrics dashboards, help the business by automating the entire data workflow to be self-serviceable for the teams.
Who You Are:
- Data driven mindset with an advanced degree preferred in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 2+ years of relevant analytical work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations.
- Ability to write complex, efficient and performant SQL queries to extract data for analysis.
- An expert with tools commonly used for data analysis and visualization such as Excel, Python (numpy, pandas, and scikit) and R.
- Highly experienced in building visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience working in business systems such as Salesforce and NetSuite and a general understanding of how data flows from system to system
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast paced business environment
- Outstanding verbal, written, and visual communication skills important for data storytelling
- You seek perpetual growth (you should probably check out all of our core values - we live by them)
- Bonus: Knowledge of Panoply.io
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!