Team Manager, Customer Experience (Remote)
Customer Success – Customer Care /
SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
We're looking for a Customer Care Team Manager to lead a team in delivering world-class experiences for our Caroo customers. The Customer Care team is the hub of customer support and advocacy for our Employee Care platform, Caroo. We believe that awesome support and consultation can create customers for life; and it takes a team of attentive, empathetic, and critical thinkers who constantly strive for excellence!
The Customer Care Team Manager will serve as a leader, mentor, and coach for the individuals on the Customer Care team, motivating the team to provide a consistently joyful experience for all our customers.
The work is fulfilling (and fun!). Our products and services bring people joy and make them feel valued and recognized; and our company culture encourages people to become the best version of themselves. You’ll be challenged to do the best work of your life, creating a lasting impact in the world.
What You'll Do: Team Management
- Serve as direct Manager for a team of Customer Care Associates and Lead Customer Care Associates
- Set and evaluate individual and team performance KPIs, including customer revenue growth, customer retention, and customer satisfaction (CSAT)
- Report key customer metrics and updates to the Customer Care team and up to senior leadership on a regular basis
- Provide proactive 1:1 coaching, feedback, and development guidance to direct reports to help them achieve their performance metrics, hone skills, and work toward career goals
- Implement an Internal Quality Assurance program to set consistent support standards and deliver actionable feedback for improvement to Associates
- Hire and onboard new Associates as needed, ensuring top-quality hires to elevate our team as we grow
- Evaluate the team’s ongoing training and development needs, creating SOPs and facilitating training sessions as needed
- Provide leadership training and development opportunities for Lead Customer Care Associates
- Strike the perfect balance of accountability and inspiration to drive the team to success
What You'll Do: Customer Advocacy
- Interact with customers on a daily basis via phone and email, capturing key customer insights and delivering excellent resolutions for escalated or complex issues
- Close the loop with customers whose issues were not resolved or who require additional support, ensuring that their feedback from CSAT and NPS surveys is promptly reviewed and directly acknowledged
- Monitor comments and reviews across channels such as social media and Better Business Bureau, ensuring all concerns are addressed
- Be an expert in how our products and services are used across different customer types and channels, including B2B (from Small Business to Enterprise) and B2C
- Encourage the Customer Care team to think outside the box to deliver creative solutions and drive customer retention through “wow moments”
What You'll Do: Innovation
- Implement systems to track and report on trending customer issues, providing recommendations for product and process improvement to enhance the customer experience
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve issues and improve processes, in ways that drive a great customer experience
- Escalate and provide recommendation on issues that negatively impact the customer experience
- Constantly evaluate Customer Care team processes and tools to drive efficiencies and improvements
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Customer Care, including 2+ years of experience in management roles with a track record of exceeding metrics and leading individuals to success
- You're a passionate person looking to lead and elevate a team of passionate people
- You infuse joy and humor wherever possible, making work genuinely fun for yourself and those around you
- You lean into opportunities to provide constructive feedback, even when difficult, to help others grow to their potential (and likewise, lean into opportunities to seek and receive constructive feedback as you develop as a leader)
- You’re proactive in identifying new opportunities, solving problems, and prioritizing efforts
- You’re self-motivated, organized, and efficient with time
- You plan strategically, and execute with attention to detail
- You approach challenge with optimism and courage
- Adaptable and resourceful, you’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- You’re proficient in ZenDesk, Salesforce, and Google Suite or Microsoft Office
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!