Senior Data Analyst (Remote)
Technology – Data /
SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
Caroo is looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Analyst with a strong technical background and a knack for interpreting and communicating the “why” behind data and its application to the business. As an early member of the Analytics team, your mission is to provide insights to our teams that enable fast and accurate business decisions, build a data driven culture to empower our teams to uncover data insights on their own, and develop novel ways of looking at and understanding our data.
You will use data to optimize our core operations, understand the levers behind company growth, and identify areas of opportunity for our products. You will define and operationalize the tracking of both company-wide and department-specific KPIs, identify trends, and recommend actionable insights to improve how we build products and grow the business. In addition, you will partner with key functional teams and collaborate with engineering to build a world class data platform, dashboards, and tools necessary to power data-informed decisions, drive business impact, and build the future of data at Caroo.
This is a high-visibility and high-impact role necessitating daily interaction across Caroo’s entire leadership team.
This opportunity is open to remote or working directly from Los Angeles or Chicago offices. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify important research questions, validate hypotheses using data, and surface meaningful and actionable insights
- Provide access to real-time data, KPIs, and success metrics through dashboards and other analytical tools to empower all teams through self-service
- Augment and develop data reporting tools that automate and streamline business intelligence processes
- Work with engineers to define data collection and data infrastructure strategies
- Implement data validation processes to ensure data quality
Who You Are:
- BA/BS in a quantitative focused degree (e.g., Computer Science, Math, Stats, Economics, etc.)
- 3+ years of professional experience in analytics, consulting, or similarly quantitative roles
- Strong SQL skills and programming/statistical analysis experience in Python and/or R
- Ability to surface insights through advanced data visualization using Looker, Tableau, Mode Analytics, or other
- Strong data story-telling ability to be able to turn observations into insights and communicate them clearly
- Extensive knowledge of statistics and analytical concepts
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- eCommerce and/or Enterprise SaaS industry experience is a plus
- Experience with data engineering principles (e.g., data infrastructure, ETL/ELT pipelines, etc.) and technologies is a plus
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!