Product & Engineering /
What Is Snackpass
It’s a great time to join Snackpass!
We are building a way to buy anything with friends, starting with restaurant takeout on college campuses. Students use Snackpass to order ahead at local restaurants, skip the line and get discounts with their friends. After every purchase, you get a reward point for yourself and a bonus point to send to a friend.
We're helping restaurants transition to digital and contactless to thrive in a post COVID world where takeout is a core pillar of every restaurant.
We have had success from the very beginning. The semester we launched, over 80% of Yale student body started using Snackpass to order food. We’ve repeated our success at multiple campuses (Brown, Berkeley, Michigan, Dartmouth) and are looking to expand to 100 campuses, and then radiate into surrounding cities.
We're looking for creative and ambitious people to join our team! We'd love to talk with you.
Snackpass is a startup backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, General Catalyst and First Round Capital, the same firms who invested in Square, Uber and Airbnb.
About the role:
We have a lean and nimble engineering team and are looking for a talented Technical Lead to take us to the next level. The right person will have had experience managing a team that scaled. You will be able to work with leadership to align the Engineering team’s strategic plan with Snackpass’ vision, manage and develop your team, and have the knowledge and experience to dive into the IC work when needed. This is an incredible opportunity to drive our Engineering growth and culture.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Partner with co-founders for planning, execution, and success of technical milestones.
- Hands-on technical contribution to projects
- Partner closely with the product team to ensure we're building the best product, one mobile order at a time
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience scaling teams in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven experience growing and mentoring engineering teams
- Strong background in software engineering and full stack systems
- Passion for learning and working with others
- Start-up experience!
- React, React Native, Reason
- Node.js, Express
- Heroku, AWS