Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
Product & Engineering /
At Snackpass, we're building a way to buy anything with friends, starting with restaurant takeout on college campuses. We believe all restaurant orders will move from offline (cashiers swiping physical credit cards) to online (digital ordering). We're helping restaurants transition to digital and contactless to thrive in a post COVID world where takeout is a core pillar of every restaurant. We believe all restaurant orders will move from offline (cashiers swiping physical credit cards) to online (digital ordering).
About the Role:
Our software engineers are determined to build the most fun, convenient and social experiences for our customers. We are also building products for our restaurant partners to grow their customer base and improve their operations.
At Snackpass, you will talk to customers, find and fix pain points on the fly, and build extensive internal tooling to support on-the-ground launch operations. You will be building a scalable payments platform that handles marketplace transactions between users and restaurants: automated payouts, promotions, customer analytics and acquisition tools, and recommendations.
We believe operating a brick-and-mortar restaurant should be as easy as operating an online Shopify store. Most local business still run on legacy systems. At Snackpass, we are building the OS for local commerce.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience with architectural patterns of complex web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs)
- Creative and eager to experiment
- Excited about working on social graphs, well-designed infrastructure and payments, and building the next-gen consumer food and buying experience.Takes pains to write readable and maintainable code, not only own the code they wrote but also share it with the team
- Ego-less, will work on whatever needs doing
Our stack 🥞
- React, React Native, Reason
- Node.js, Express
- Heroku, AWS
Projects we've worked on 👷♂️
- Restaurant facing tools for managing their business and engaging customers
- Social rewards system where you can get points for yourself and send them to friends
- Algorithm for trending products
- In-store self-service kiosks
- Mobile app for partners to scale account management, reporting
-Health, dental & vision insurance
-Unlimited paid time off
-12 paid holidays
Diversity & Inclusion:
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
We are currently not sponsoring H1B visas or transfers at this time. We will consider candidates with OTP for internship positions only. Other immigration needs will be reviewed on a case by case basis.