Greater Jakarta Area, Indonesia
Finance – Finance
Founded in 2015, Snapcart applies AI to build the richest offline database of users in emerging markets and democratize data capabilities offline. Snapcart enables brands and retailers to measure, target, and optimize advertising and price promotions, (globally a USD 1.7 Trillion spending), helping clients compete in an increasingly data-driven world.
Through its receipt crowd-sourcing application, point-of-sale application, and hundreds of machine learning models that process and decipher invoices and receipts, Snapcart collects and processes in real-time, billions of data points at an individual shopper and retailer level. Snapcart is currently providing insights to over 30 companies including LOreal, Nestle, P&G and Unilever in 2 countries (Indonesia and Philippines). The company is backed by prominent VC firms, Vickers Venture, Wavemaker Partners, SPH, Social Capital, Kickstart Ventures and JG Summit Group.
- Must be fluent in English
- GPA at least 2.75
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least 1 year of working experience in related fields
- Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and have good understanding in accounting
- Focus, fast-thinking, logical and driven to build the best accounting and finance department at Snapcart.
- Ability to process a variety of financial transactions in a modern financial computer system.
- Must be able to use spreadsheets, word processing and financial software; Microsoft Office and Xero preferred.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Must possess ability to maintain various accounting subsidiary records and coordinate activities with other employees and auditors.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Assists with ensuring the accurate representation of financial transactions within the financial accounting system and the efficient operation of the accounting department.
- Maintains and monitors accounts receivable records.
- Custodian of petty cash fund.
- Manage accounts payable daily entries, approves and posts daily batches.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Assists with the preparation of the Annual Financial Report and accompanying schedules for the annual audit.
- Assist with the monthly tax submission
- Serves as primary liaison with Business Development team to ensure accuracy and completeness recording of revenue
- Maintains relationships with vendors and managers by reviewing open issues and resolving problems.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager or other appropriate administrator.