Director of Product
Snapdocs is an early-stage, rapidly growing company looking for an experienced director of product. We're a small team tackling the absolutely massive mortgage market. We're developing modern, elegant software to an industry that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes. We bring security, efficiency and joy to a paper-based pillar of the US economy.
Thus far, we’ve grown by focusing on one part of the market (mortgage closings). We have a lot of work to do to make the perfect closing. Once that’s done, we plan to expand, focusing on increasingly complex problems in the mortgage industry. We’re hiring a director of product to set vision and strategy for our product, as well as to build out our nascent product team.
Product & Strategy Qualifications:
- 10+ years of strong product management experience
- 3+ years product management at a SaaS company, ideally with enterprise sales.
- You have experience understanding problems in a complex domain (finance, healthcare, insurance, etc.)
- Big picture thinking, but you’ll get your hands dirty to ship product
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative product techniques, with an eagerness to teach others about them
- You recognize product insights can come from anywhere. You can gather information and product thoughts from all parts of the company: sales, operations, support and leadership. Thoughts on promoting a broader product culture of openness and curiosity are crucial.
- Track record of developing alpha- or beta-products into refined offerings
- A strong business orientation and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams; able to work well in a cross-functional or cross-industry environment.
- Translate business objectives into execution strategy (product and strategic), lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and agile leadership.
- You have worked on a focused, scrappy team - either at a small company or a very independent project within an elite product/engineering organization. You can hack it with limited resources.
- Understanding that a startup is always fighting the clock. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, and taking initiative to resolve problems
- Ability to make smart decisions with ambiguous or incomplete data.
- Takes company culture seriously - will help to build the best place to work
- Experience recruiting, retaining and incentivizing a team
- 401k with matching contribution
- Medical, vision & dental insurance
- 21 days of paid vacation plus a week off at the holidays
- Office Lunches and Off-sites
- Commuter Benefits
- Close to Bart and Muni.