Front End Engineer
Product and Engineering
Snapdocs is an early-stage, rapidly growing company looking for our first dedicated front end engineer.
We're a team of rails engineers and product designers, and we're want to hire someone to take ownership of our front end code. We use haml and sass and a ton of customized bootstrap. To use a technical term, we have what is known as a "rat's nest."
We're looking for a pixel-passionate person who's not afraid to refactor some styles. Come in opinionated about front end best practices. This will not be thankless work. Instead, every single engineer will thank you (many times) You will be building our "digital toolbox." Every time an engineer goes to build something new, they'll be reliant on your work.
We're a small team tackling the absolutely massive mortgage market. We're delivering modern, elegant software to a field that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes. We bring security, efficiency and joy to a paper-based pillar of the US economy.
Snapdocs’ culture is one that strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life. We value experience and curiosity over college degrees.
We trust our team members to make smart decisions. This means we value both independent work as well as seeking collaboration. We're becoming ubiquitous in one segment of the market and we're looking to hire another core engineer to help us expand further.
Skills & Requirements
- HTML & CSS (as in HAML and SASS)
- We use a fair amount of jQuery - please don't make fun of us for being old school
- Good design sense
- Experience building reusable design components
- Rails experience is a very strong plus
- You want to help build a healthy and happy culture. We strive to be respectful of each other's time and point of view. We're learning how to do this together. We're creating a place where it's OK to fail, and that you know the team has your back the whole way through.
- You're self-motivated. To us that means when you get an interesting problem, you will rip into it until you understand its nuances and perhaps have a glimpse of the solution.
- You're empathetic. We work closely with our customers, meaning phone calls, emails, and sometimes lunch. It is important in this job to listen to them so that we can build what they need and want.
- 401k with matching contribution
- 21 days of paid vacation plus a week off at the holidays.
- Office Lunches and Off-sites
- Commuter Benefits
- Whiteboard desks that go up-and-down
- Close to Bart and Muni.