Snapdocs is an early-stage, rapidly growing company looking for an experienced product manager. We're a small team tackling the absolutely massive mortgage market. We're developing modern, elegant software to an industry that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes. We bring security, efficiency and joy to a paper-based pillar of the US economy.
We have grown by focusing on one part of the market. We are expanding our product team to increase our expertise and allow us to focus on more types of problems in the mortgage industry. Our product managers set the vision for our products, and work closely with engineers and designers to build them. A great product manager accelerates the whole company by being great advocates for users and experts in their domain. We expect you to balance different perspectives and help us find an unambiguous path forward about what to build and when.
Snapdocs’ culture is one that strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life. We value experience and curiosity over college degrees.
- Craft the artifacts that establish a shared vision, strategy, and roadmap for our products
- Translate the product vision into concrete tasks - whether it’s design, research, testing, or engineering
- Drive product development day-to-day by embedding within teams of engineers and designers
- Study complex, unbounded problems through research, market analysis, and user interactions to figure out what we need to build - and when
- Be willing to do anything necessary to ship products and features - from sketching wireframes to taking calls with customers to solve issues
- Break down business goals to all the tasks that needed to break into a new product area
You may be a good fit if…
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a product manager
- You have experience understanding problems in a complex domain (finance, healthcare, insurance, etc.)
- You can think in terms of the big picture, but also get your hands dirty with whatever it takes to ship products and features successfully - from QA testing to supporting customers
- You know how to research complex topics, using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and teach others about them
- You are technical enough to work closely with engineers and serve as a translator between business needs and technical terms
- You have worked as a product manager on a super-focused, scrappy team - either at a small company or a very independent project within an elite product/engineering organization
- 401k with matching contribution
- Medical, vision & dental insurance.
- 21 days of paid vacation plus a week off at the holidays.
- Office Lunches and Off-sites
- Commuter Benefits
- Whiteboard desks that go up-and-down
- Close to Bart and Muni.