Snapdocs is an early-stage, rapidly growing company looking for an experienced and empathetic DevOps Engineer.
We're a small team tackling the absolutely massive mortgage market. We're bringing modern, elegant software to a field that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes. We bring security, efficiency and joy to a paper-based pillar of the US economy.
Snapdocs’ culture is one that strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life. We value experience and curiosity over college degrees.
We trust our team members to make smart decisions. This means we value both independent work as well as seeking collaboration. We're becoming ubiquitous in one segment of the market and we're looking to this role to help us expand further.
How your skills and passion will come to life
- Build and maintain Production and Staging environments
- Improve performance and scalability of existing systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot server related issues
- Develop and document best practices for disaster recovery and application deployment
- Perform penetration testing to ensure security of our infrastructure
- Research and develop new technologies for improving existing systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Build and maintain tools to help automate our infrastructure
Skills & Requirements
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or 4-8 years related experience
- Solid experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) administration
- Ability to work effectively within a team and autonomously with minimal supervision
- AWS (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, ElastiCache, Redshift, Elastic MapReduce, Route 53, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Experience with Apache, NGINX, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience with Bash and Ruby
- Experience with server monitoring with Nagios (and derivatives) and/or Prometheus
- Server automation with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Database administration experience
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Git
- 401k with matching contribution
- 10 year exercise option window
- 21 days of paid vacation
- Office Lunches and Off-sites
- Commuter Benefits
- Close to BART and Muni