Snapdocs is an early-stage, rapidly growing company looking for an experienced and empathetic rails engineer. Ideally, you're someone who wants to become a lead engineer (or perhaps a product manager) in the not too distant future.
We're a small team tackling the absolutely massive mortgage market. We're bringing modern, elegant software to a field that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes. We bring security, efficiency and joy to a paper-based pillar of the US economy.
The type of problems we focus on involve workflow, product design, and data. Monolith vs microservice is an ongoing debate. We are working to find a good authentication pattern that allows for people to work across companies in multiple roles (which is trickier than you might think!). Domain Driven Design is our guiding light.
Snapdocs’ culture is one that strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life. We value experience and curiosity over college degrees.
We trust our team members to make smart decisions. This means we value both independent work as well as seeking collaboration. We're becoming ubiquitous in one segment of the market and we're looking to hire another core engineer to help us expand further.
Skills & Requirements
- You're a Rails Engineer with some experience. Ideally, you're a full stack coder. But in reality, you probably lean either towards the front or the back end. That's fine, so long as you know (and enjoy) your strengths.
- You would be the 10th member of on a fast-growing technical team. We break into small product-groups, so you'll probably work on a team of 2 or 3.
- You want to help build a healthy and happy culture. We strive to be respectful of each other's time and point of view. We're learning how to do this together. We're creating a place where it's OK to fail, and that you know the team has your back the whole way through.
- You're self-motivated. To us that means when you get an interesting problem, you will rip into it until you understand its nuances and perhaps have a glimpse of the solution.
- You're empathetic. We work closely with our customers, meaning phone calls, emails, and sometimes lunch. It is important in this job to listen to them so that we can build what they need and want.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus.
- UX experience (or interest in cultivating it) would be excellent.
- 401k with matching contribution
- 21 days of paid vacation plus a week off at the holidays.
- Office Lunches and Off-sites
- Commuter Benefits
- Whiteboard desks that go up-and-down
- Close to Bart and Muni.