Software Engineer — Frontend
Engineering – Product Engineering
SnapTravel is a conversational commerce startup, allowing millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging.
With a high-performing team of world class engineers, SnapTravel thrives on tackling complex problems within NLP (understanding and replying to ambiguous human messaging), Conversational Commerce (optimizing conversions and user behavior over chat) and Machine Learning (choosing the best hotel automatically from a large data set with complex market dynamics) to push the boundaries of tech and travel globally.
At SnapTravel, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to work with complete transparency. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the team.
About the Role
- We use an SOA architecture powered by many micro-services, including the bot platform, the NLP engine and the pricing/recommendation engines
- Real-time bot platform using Node.js, Express, SocketIO and React / Redux
- Bleeding-edge front-end using isomorphic SPA’s, PWA’s, serverless architecture, server-side rendering, etc.
- TLDR: JS/React frontend with SSR, built over AWS.
Challenges You'll Solve
- Feature-driven Culture: You will work with your team to write clean, logical and well-tested code, managing the tradeoffs between shipping things quickly and building a maintainable codebase. As the creator of new features and products you will bring ideas to life, working with other teams to create design docs, refine requirements, run automated testing and monitor code health and performance.
- Impact & Ownership: You will work on a cross-functional, iteration-based engineering team and participate in technical design and planning discussions. You will architect complex React/Redux applications and build a comprehensive design system throughout Mobile, Desktop, and Tablet experiences.
- Collaborative Execution: You will guide the development of powerful frontend systems and collaborate closely with designers to build new features. Your team will consist of Frontend, Backend and Fullstack Engineers, supported by a Product Manager, Engineering Manager and Designer.
- You have front-end software development work experience, and ideally have built products in a startup environment
- You are comfortable with both React and Redux; experience with SSR is a plus
- You have experience taking ownership and shipping entire features end-to-end
- You thrive on solving complex problems with logical, well-reasoned solutions
What to Expect
- After applying, you'll receive an email with all of this info. So feel free to skip it for now.
- Review - you'll hear from us within 48 hours of applying
- Phone Call - a quick call to learn who you are (resumes suck, we want to know the real you!)
- Take Home Assessment - a realistic problem to solve on your own time; this is "blind reviewed" by our team, so they see your code/solution but not your name/profile
- Onsite Interview - 2-3 hour onsite interview, where you walk through your take home assessment, add some additional functionality to it, work through a technical debugging problem and meet our team.
- Offer - this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!