Senior Director of Demo Benchmarking
North America, US
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As Snowflake’s Senior Director of Demo Benchmarking you will be responsible for acting as the core contributor to building an effective market strategy. You will work to understand the market context, competition, pricing, technology and any other trends that help drive successful company growth. You are resourceful and have experience leading market and competitive research, unifying information from diverse sources to craft a data-driven perspective.
This role offers an opportunity to make meaningful contributions to Snowflake’s rapid growth, expanding market presence and industry leadership.
- Design, launch and lead a high-quality market intelligence program that includes deep information on market size and trends, competitive positioning and shifting industry trends
- Act as industry guide though constant research, monitoring news and marketplace daily
- Successfully define project deliverables, goals and achievements related to new research
- Establish process for the collection of competitive information across various mediums
- Create and delivery presentations on market and competition to senior leadership
- Become a trusted internal advisor on the market utilizing data, insights and vision to help Snowflake’s leaders understand and act upon industry developments
- Competitive Analysis: Perform research and analysis on competitors, market presence, product offerings, capabilities and sales strategies
- Content Development: Develop briefs, product reviews, enablement materials, white papers and presentations for cross functional teams
- Product Management: Identify and communicate portfolio gaps and market observations
- Sales Support: Assist sales by offering industry insight to close deals if needed
- 10+ years of experience in a competitive analysis/intelligence, insights driven role
- An expertise within data warehousing, cloud and/or analytics space required
- Keen strategic mind to understand, evaluate and proactively respond to competitor’s actions
- You show a real passion for developing insights, scoping analysis plans and providing critical information to drive Snowflake’s dynamic and innovative environment
- Ability to think strategically, write and present message efficiently and strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail and shows the ability to articulate findings
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.