Senior Contract Manager
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake seeks an experienced Contract Manager to serve as Senior Contract Manager. Reporting to Deputy General Counsel, Legal Operations, Contracting and G&A, you will be a member of a growing, world-class legal team. You will contribute to the hyper-growth of a very exciting company by enabling efficient and effective contracting processes with Snowflakes customers and vendors.
As Senior Contract Manager, you will:
- Review, edit and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements (sales, vendor, partner NDA’s)
- Draft amendments, revise change orders and prepare other related contractual documents related to commercial contracts
- Help define the scope and role of the contract management function
- Collaborate with procurement, finances, marketing, sales and sales operations as needed to identify efficiencies and represent the legal department’s goals
- Escalate only the most complicated legal issues to the attorneys for final resolution
- Prepare summaries of complex legal issues and make recommendations of solutions
- Monitor negotiation trends and suggest changes to standard template terms
- Assist with the intake, tracking and reporting of contracting operations
- Provide input on contracting systems and tools to the Legal Operations Systems & Tools Manager
- In collaboration with the Legal Operations Manager for Contracting, develop best practices for contracting processes
We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum of 10 years’ combined experience as a (i) transactional/commercial paralegal and/or (2) contracts manager/negotiation.
- Some knowledge or experience with SaaS agreements.
- Substantial experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Excellent skills in communications, and ability to partner effectively and efficiently across disciplines.
- Confidence to make difficult and creative decisions, with a bias towards taking action to resolve issues in the best interest of the company.
- Desire to work independently in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Strong drive to serve the company’s best interest and do the right thing!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.