Data Scientist, Finance
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake’s mission is to enable every organization to be data-driven with instant elasticity, secure data sharing, and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
The Financial Analytics team is looking for a Data Scientist to focus on revenue optimization and business forecasting. In this role, you will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Financial Analysts to guide the fundamental assumptions we use to grow our business. You will uncover insights about how customers use Snowflake and the corresponding business impact of their behavior. And you will lead research projects to help drive our long-run product and business strategy.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Build data products used to optimize the purchasing and monitoring of our cloud infrastructure across AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- Work with large time-series datasets to forecast our infrastructure costs and product revenue, providing insight into our product margin.
- Build predictability and statistical confidence into the growth of our business and continue building a data-driven culture within Snowflake.
- Work closely with the product team to help develop and ingest features around user behavior that impact customer usage and growth within the product.
- Identify and build solutions for operational use cases—e.g., system monitoring and alerting, outlier detection, etc.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, typically unstructured problems.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- 4+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist.
- 3+ years of using SQL regularly for data preparation and feature engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert-level abilities building and deploying unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised models on large-scale data (in that order of importance).
- A fluidity with tools commonly used for data analysis such as Python (numpy, pandas, and scikit learn) or R.
- Significant experience with time-series forecasting.
- Experience with MPP databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Vertica, etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools/frameworks as well as notebooks.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Please show us what you’ve built by including a link to your Github profile!
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.