Federal Field Marketing Director
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Snowflake is looking for a US Federal/Government Field Marketing Director to join our Marketing team in the Washington DC region, working from our Tyson’s office. As the Federal Field Marketing Director, you will be responsible for developing online and offline marketing strategy for your Federal/Government audiences. You will work closely with the sales team, ensuring there is a strong pipeline of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) fed to the federal Sales organization.
As a Federal Field Marketing Director, you will:
- Partner with the corporate Demand Generation to create and execute a comprehensive campaign strategy for Government including Integrated Marketing Plans, and marketing content aligned with company’s go-to-market strategy and revenue goals.
- Define and implement government-specific marketing plan for global audiences
- Define marketing goals and KPIs
- Use marketing best practices
- Track the government/federal marketing campaigns and determine the most successful ones
- Prepare and present reports on campaign success and deliverable
- Plan and host offline events including sponsorships, speaking opportunities and roundtables.
- Be a brand advocate
- Support overall marketing team goals and programs
- Assist regional sales managers
- Work closely with the federal sales team
- Work with corporate Product Marketing teams to craft and leverage the messaging, positioning and content for the Federal audience.
- Inform and develop strong alignment with corporate Communications teams (Analyst Relations and Public Relations), for trade publications as well as for competitive intelligence and positioning.
- Create and deliver industry-specific enablement training and assets in collaboration with the Product Marketing team, to maximize Field / Sales capabilities as they engage with Government Agencies.
As our ideal Federal Field Marketing Director will have/be:
- 10+ years of experience marketing federal or commercial software and SaaS products
- Experience developing go-to-market strategies for federal or commercial software and SaaS products
- Experience marketing software and SaaS products to the Federal government
- Good knowledge of digital marketing tactics and best practices
- Experience with organizing local and regional events
- Outstanding communicator and creative thinker
- Proficient in marketing automation and analytics features
- Experience with marketing tools and software
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience marketing for software or SaaS products in the analytics and data science space is a plus.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.