Security Engineer: Blue Team
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Blue Team Security Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Create advanced security analytics to detect threats across multiple cloud-based environments
- Investigate attacks in order to identify root causes
- Combine dozens of data sources into our Snowflake data warehouse for security analytics
- Regularly perform threat model exercises to keep Snowflake's security up to date with emerging threat actor TTPs
- Join a diverse team of security and big data specialists at a fast-growing enterprise startup
Our ideal Blue Team Security Engineer will have:
- Demonstrated passion for cybersecurity
- Excellent understanding of the cloud security model
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Fully embrace the "own it" company value
- Able to work on-site in our downtown San Mateo office
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.