Senior Revenue Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As our Senior Revenue Analyst, you will play a key role in reviewing draft and fully executed contracts, helping revenue recognition team with month-end close assignments and participating in finance projects. Additionally, when reviewing contracts, you will help determine treatment or proposal, and work cross-functionally with; legal, sales ops, PS, financial planning team and billing.
- Review Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales contracts for compliance with corporate policies and procedures and revenue implications under ASC 606
- Perform month-end close activities including preparation of journal entries, revenue accruals, account reconciliations and flux analyses
- Perform periodic analysis of stand-alone selling prices for existing and new products
- Work closely with Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, and Deal Desk to streamline processes and improve efficiency
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules and reports in support of external audit
- Participate in special projects, such as system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA and Big 4 Audit experience is a plus
- 5+ years of overall experience in accounting, including 3+ years in revenue accounting with global public / private company
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience in Software, SaaS or technology industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills including vlookups, pivot tables
- Experience working with Workday Financials and related modules a plus
- Experience accounting for professional service revenue a plus
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.