Cloud Security Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
As a Security Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Discover vulnerabilities in applications running across the three major cloud providers.
- Bring a dose of paranoia to our software development lifecycle.
- Research and prevent cloud-native privilege escalation attacks.
- Build automation as needed to scale security at one of the fastest-growing software companies ever.
- Work with a great team of security engineers that combines a diverse set of backgrounds and skills.
Our ideal Security Engineer will have:
- 4+ years of application security experience.
- Black box and white box testing skills.
- Java source code review experience.
- Excellent understanding of the cloud security model.
- Passionate about cybersecurity.
- Able to work on-site in our San Mateo office.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.