San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
The Sourcing Category Manager will support the Procurement Manager from a contractual and vendor management standpoint to expand procurement’s mission across different facets of the business.
- Solid knowledge of procurement as it relates to event, venue, SWAG and travel commodities
- Lead procurement strategies/tactics and correspondingly negotiate as well as redline contracts.
- Preparation of Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), evaluation of responses
- Lead evaluation, selection, development, and retention of the suppliers providing goods and services needed to conduct business.
- Support key stakeholders and FP&A to meet budget goals
- Use current spend information/data and business knowledge to identify potential cost reduction plan with commoditized supplier base
- Leads QBRs with the supplier and the business to obtain optimal strategic outcomes
- Provides reporting and strategic analysis on current/ future spend
- Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of 3-4 years in sourcing, corporate services, events, and or facilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong understanding of legal concepts as related to contract negotiations.
- Excellent relationship management skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with suppliers, and internal business customers, and senior management.
- Good understanding of accounting/finance practices.
- Process and customer service driven with a self-starter mentality
- Contract Management
- Curiosity Driven
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.