San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The position will have a broad range of responsibilities and will help shape our privacy program and ensure the protection of our customers’ data and regulatory compliance. We are seeking a self-motivated team player with an inquisitive mindset who can proactively manage multiple projects and get things done. This candidate must have superb verbal and written communication skills and be capable of navigating complex, sensitive and nuanced issues in a logical and practical manner. This role will report to the Chief Privacy Officer.
- Draft and negotiate privacy and data protection terms for revenue, vendor, and business partner agreements, as well as HIPAA business associate agreements and cross-border data transfer agreements
- Partner closely with and advise our security, product, marketing, HR and other business teams on privacy and data protection-related legal matters
- Evaluate the impact of U.S. and international legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry guidelines involving privacy and security
- Help mature the privacy program across the entire company, including impact assessments, training, certifications, program assessments and audits, policy and procedure development, and incident response
- Wok collaboratively on and lead cross-functional projects related to data governance, data protection and privacy by design
- 3+ years of substantive privacy legal experience, at a law firm or in-house
- Experience with U.S. and international (strong preference for EU) privacy and data protection laws, regulations and standards
- Experience negotiating privacy, security and compliance terms in technology agreements
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- A good sense of humor and passionate about your work
- Experience working at a technology company, particularly Software-as-a-Service, or with technology clients
- A Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.