San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Are you a smart & driven recent graduate dreaming of launching your PR career at one of the hottest tech unicorns in Silicon Valley? If so, Snowflake is looking for you! The Snowflake PR team is currently seeking a highly motivated Communications Intern to join our ranks. This will be a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of an in-house PR team and get your feet wet in all areas of marketing communications at a hyper-growth tech company. In this role, you will be focused on supporting day-to-day and long-term strategic communications activities such as media list building, reporting on key KPIs, database and calendar management, pitch creation and other priorities as tasked. You will work closely with key stakeholders in the Marketing Communications team and Snowflake’s external PR agencies. As our rockstar intern you will be an important part of the Snowflake marketing organization and will have the opportunity to become a full-time member of the team down the road. This is a 6-month paid internship.
- Monitor, track, analyze and report editorial and social media coverage on a daily and weekly basis
- Develop, maintain, and update lists of appropriate journalists and influencers for key industries, topics, etc.
- Create media materials including: media briefs, pitches, messaging documents, press releases, etc.
- Assist in the execution of PR programs related to customer, product, and corporate announcements
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Superb writing, research, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize and be resourceful to complete responsibilities
- Confident with G-Suite
- Prior internship or part-time experience at a public relations firm or corporate communications department preferred
- Currently pursuing or recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or PR
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.