Security Risk and Compliance Specialist - SDLC
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
Because Snowflake handles a wide variety of data for its customers, it is imperative that Snowflake have a disciplined and strategic data protection program. The Snowflake Security Risk and Compliance Specialist will be responsible for working with all Snowflake personnel to provide the training and resources personnel need in order to comply with Snowflake's security and privacy policies and procedures. The Security Risk and Compliance Specialist will also be responsible for validating compliance in assigned areas through various methods and tools. This hands-on role is integral in the success of Snowflake's security programs and will be assigned increasing responsibility as the company grows.
As a Security Risk and Compliance Specialist at Snowflake you will:
- Ensure compliance with our SDLC process.
- Follow up with staff members to ensure completion of security-related tasks.
- Handle a wide variety of responsibilities related to internal audit as well as education of staff members to ensure their understanding of their roles in the security program.
- Validate on-going compliance of policies and procedures in support of regulations.
- Work with the Security Team to improve policy and procedure documentation.
- Assist with external audit evidence collection.
Our ideal Security Risk and Compliance Specialist will have:
- Relevant experience that demonstrates his or her ability to handle the assigned responsibilities
- Previous role that demonstrates technical aptitude and interest
- Previous responsibilities that demonstrate experience with Linux
- Achievements that demonstrate candidate is extremely detail oriented
- Proficiency with multiple spreadsheet tools
- Achievements that demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Previous role that requires exceptional organizational skills
- Extremely high ethical standards as proven by successful background checks and references
- Previous experience working with a variety of personalities from a variety of cultures
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or other major Cloud Provider experience
- Project or program management experience
- Experience with a Software as a Service / Cloud solution
- Database experience, including SQL
- 3 years experience
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.