Senior Commissions Analyst
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
As a Senior Commission Analyst you will work cross-functionally with various teams to administer the day-to-day affairs of Snowflake’s sales compensation which include plan distribution, monthly earnings calculations, as well as accrual calculations and account reconciliations. This will be a high visibility role that will serve as a key liaison between sales and finance. You will gain invaluable experience assisting with the ongoing development of the sales compensation structure and processes for both US and International teams.
We are looking for a highly-organized, self-motivated individual who has a proven capability of prioritizing multiple responsibilities while meeting strict goals and deadlines. You must have strong communication and analytical skills, be team oriented and have confidence in collaborating with colleagues at all organizational levels.
- Thoroughly understand and execute calculations on all compensation plans to ensure payments are accurate, complete, and in compliance with company policy or practice.
- Provides high quality, timely responses to the sales field and sales management, fully meeting their informational and reporting needs. Communicates complex logic and analysis in a manner that is easily understandable to the sales reps.
- Track, research and resolve commission calculation-related inquiries and exceptions including disputes and appeals.
- Interface with various cross-functional teams to ensure participants are accurately credited for their transactions.
- Work with Accounting and Payroll teams to communicate and process monthly commission payments accurately and on time.
- Track and report on the status of plan acceptance to ensure compliance and timeliness.
- Support the design and implementation of sales compensation plans, policies, and processes each fiscal year (or as needed) to support the business objectives.
- Accurately record monthly General Ledger entries and reconcile variable compensation accounts in a timely fashion.
- Work with various teams to plan for the upcoming transition to ASC 606 and other compliance or regulatory changes.
- Support Finance in the design and reporting of sales compensation related management metrics and KPI
- Support annual audit deliverables related to compensation payouts and provide assistance related to testing of sales compensation processes.
- Train Sales new hires on sales compensation plans and system.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 6-8 years of Sales Compensation experience
- Proven relationship building and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must have intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Incentive Compensation tools (Xactly, Callidus...etc.) a plus
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.