Senior Workday Developer
San Mateo, CA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake’s culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
The Sr. Workday Developer is responsible for the development of the Workday platform and its related integration activities including system configuration. Works closely with the rest of the IT team and internal business teams to effectively deliver a stable and sustainable technical solution.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience technical analyst role in an enterprise level business application
- Must have a strong knowledge of Workday applications.
- Must be able to write technical specifications based on functional business requirements and work with business users at all levels.
- Strong analysis, design and data modeling skills required;
- Elevated level of experience and expertise in solving complex inter-system issues and developing SaaS, SOA and web services
- Manages the IT Deliverables and is accountable for delivery of IT Application Services and manage all admissions team projects.
- Works effectively with cross functional Business and IT Teams to ensure optimum delivery of IT services and acts as subject matter expert reference point for the solutions team
- Manage and administer Workday and its related integration touch points.
- Install and configure Workday applications and deploy in production
- Actively participate and drive the full life cycle development process for new business initiatives as they relate to core business applications and working on independent assigned objectives, within a collaborative project team, or managing external consultants.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with external and internal IT partners. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Manages the delivery of IT solutions and accountable for analysis, design, development, testing, configuration, business readiness, and production support.
- Works with IT, Business and Off-shore partners to deploy IT solutions
- 3+ years of Workday Certified Integration experience
- Integration Certification with Workday Studio
- Able to demonstrate the creation of innovative solutions for complex Workday integrations
- Demonstrated proficiency with web service technologies (REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, PGP, SAML, etc.)
- Ability to work on implementations that execute in agile fashion
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.